things are getting better for me!

shawnski

Donating Member
Registered
hi everyone, back again after a while and not posting much, last one i posted was when my 14 year old cat passed away. things are turning around for me and business has picked up and i am not broke anymore. so..i decided to keep the 08 busa and don't sell it but i have to get some maintenance done on it.

i know i should post this part in 2nd gen busa section but since i am here wanted to know your opinion about cost of these few things i am doing to my bike and if you think is a reasonable price.

replace the stock filter with k&n
change the chain and front and rear sprockets, go up two on rear sprocket
front and rear brake job ( pads)
oil change( might as well do it there while is in the shop)
all for 620.00
the bike has 12k on it.
your thoughts?

Last edited:
That seems way high! I mean its like what $250 or so in parts maybe. plus i would think that altogether you would not have more than 3 hours labor i would think. even that seems much. at say $65 an hour gives you $195 for a total of $445 more or less. ???

That seems way high! I mean its like what $250 or so in parts maybe. plus i would think that altogether you would not have more than 3 hours labor i would think. even that seems much. at say $65 an hour gives you $195 for a total of $445 more or less. ???

325.00 for 2 sprockets and chain and 175 for brake job and 60 for k@n filter and 60 for oil change. ( i probably can do the oil change myself before i take it.)

If they are going vortex I think that price is high as well. Honestly you could do all this work on your own at home and save a ton. Even if you had to buy the tools and stand I think you would still save.

Just MHO. Glad to see things have taken a positive turn for you :beerchug: Get that bike up and going so you can take some more good turns! :laugh:

If they are going vortex I think that price is high as well. Honestly you could do all this work on your own at home and save a ton. Even if you had to buy the tools and stand I think you would still save.

Just MHO. Glad to see things have taken a positive turn for you :beerchug: Get that bike up and going so you can take some more good turns! :laugh:

thanks.. i am not much of doing things myself except oil change and few other minor things. i can make things more complicated so that is why i leave them to professionals!!:laugh:

Glad to hear things are smoothing out for ya... Great news in time for spring..

thanks.. i am not much of doing things myself except oil change and few other minor things. i can make things more complicated so that is why i leave them to professionals!!:laugh:

Fair enough, sometimes its worth paying a little extra to not get your hands dirty or bloody. :beerchug:

get a supersprox...most of the stuff you listed is not very difficult to perform...even for a basic mechanic stuff...and you will get to learn some new skills...instead of getting ripped off...but you might try to find someone on the .ORG near you who could use some extra cash and willing to do the work...just sayin..2hip

get a supersprox...most of the stuff you listed is not very difficult to perform...even for a basic mechanic stuff...and you will get to learn some new skills...instead of getting ripped off...but you might try to find someone on the .ORG near you who could use some extra cash and willing to do the work...just sayin..2hip

good point! thanks....

Your front oem sprocket should be fine, just go up 2 or 3 with a Supersprox. It will outlast the aluminum Vortex by 3-4 times the amount of miles. That's another $25 or so you'll save by not doing the front PLUS labor. The rear is a snap to do and up 3 on the rear will allow you to maintain the stock chain.

Hi Brother,
Good to see you posting again, and very glad things are turning around for you.:thumbsup:

Do you still have other cats?

Take care and hope to see that ride of yours soon.:beerchug:
Bubba

Back