Bummer email from my Dad

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
I just got an email from my father.
He lives in Cyprus which is 7 hrs ahead of east coast time.
For me to get one at this time I knew it was not good.

He has waited to last day to tell me tomorrow he is going to have a stent put in one of the arteries in his heart.
He says he tires easy and cannot walk for more than 100ft without needing to sit down.

This is a man who just climbed the pyramids with us last summer.
Of course he tells me its ok dont worry but it is times like this when mortality kicks in and I look at Adam.
I think about the day when I may not be here for him.
I cannot imagine life without dad ?
Feel like hopping a plane with Adam but it takes 2 days to get there.
Here he is with as he says the only thing that matters to him anymore, his grandson.

I pray for him as I ask you to do.
Life Sucks.......Need to go cry now...

ROME.CYPRUS 7-8.09 910.jpg

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear about this, but I'm sure he'll get through it okay. Prayers sent for you and your Dad.

They are pretty great at doing them nowadays, and I'll pray for him. I had one after my heart attack and it was amazingly swift and I watched them do it to me.

He'll definately feel thousands time better after it's done.

I am praying for a safe operation and a speedy recovery for your DAD. And strength and courage for you, SAIID!

Thanks folks.....
I hope God watches over him.

Last yr at Trevi Fountain in Rome making a wish...

ROME.CYPRUS 7-8.09 293.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty routein stuff now days so don't worry to much. Prayers out just to be safe.

My prayers go out to you, your family, and especially your dad. Wishing surgery goes flawlessly...

Hey, bro...not to worry!

Very routine!

My Mom's got a couple of them, and she's fine! She still saddles her own horses and hitches her own trailers; runs a ranch in Missouri. She's 77 years old.

Have faith, and focus on the fact that he's having preventive procedures to preclude disaster!

Rejoice!!!

I have 3 stents. They will go through an artery in his leg and with a scanner, will find the clogged portion. If there are stents available in his country, there are qualified doctors to do the procedure, the companies make sure of it, they train them for the job. He will have more energy than you do when he walks out afterwards............Just make sure to tell him to take his Plavix every day at the same time.

Thanks for the prayers as I am unfamiliar with this procedure until this very moment.

I am trying to look at the bright side of it being preventative

My dad just had two of them put in last month. He had a 99 percent blockage, but he always felt fine. Lucky they caught it. I stayed with him the one night he was in the hospital, but he WALKED OUT THE NEXT DAY. At 79, any day you walk out of a hosptial is a good day. I know EXACTLY how you feel cause it just happened to me. You think your dad is bulletproof.

He MUST TAKE THE MEDS THEY GIVE HIM, especially Plavix to prevent clotting. If he cuts himself, he'll bleed like a stuck pig for awhile.

Hand in there.

It is a reason to be concerned but having a father, stepfather and uncle that all had them done in the past year with no problems I wish you the same results. It's not nearly as bad as it sounds and they all were much better off after the procedure. My stepfather needed a defibrillator (sp?) installed and it caused a lot of bruising but he is getting used to it. He just wishes he could turn it up when he wanted to do yard work...

Best wishes!

Blanca , MY prayers sent to you & your family. I went thru this with my father also. Keep your head up & think positive. He WILL be alright! Please keep us updated on the progress.

Back