Any HID gurus on here..(Automotive)

casualdreamer

Registered
I am still deployed but I have treated myself to a Birthday/Christmas present since I missed last year Christmas and this years birthday. I bought and 2010 Tux Black Svt Raptor (Ford F150) This truck is awesome but I am wanting to do HIDs in it. I am part of the SVT forum but they are not giving me any good answer as cause this truck is new. I know I can get a H13 kit and run it in the stock headlight but I am thinking of purchasing the Headlight projectors below which calls for a H1/H7 headlight setup. I just don't want to be blinding the heck out of people. The H13 is a dual filament bulb/ Bi-Xenon and the other is a regular set up. I have no idea how this would convert over. I have tried to google it and it just sends me to a HID distributor site. I want to run a HID for the driving light and the a standard Halogen for the Flash because with HIDs there is no need really for Highs. I just want to be able to flash and let people know they can go ahead of me and such. If you can clear this up it would be high appreciated. Thanks....

P.S I guess I could attempt at a Retro-fit when I get home but don't want to if I don't have to. Thanks

2010-raptor.jpg

Raptor projector headlights....jpg

Last edited:
I am running a bi xenon HID setup in my truck. It is a 1977 Ford F150 and I have upraded the system so I no longer need to find the sealed beam headlights. I also have a booster harness where it pulls the power from the battery. This allows the headlights to pull more power with out setting my 30 year old wires on fire.

You will have to check wheather your truck turns off the Low side when you flash or turn on the high beam. My truck shuts down the low side but with the mentioned Harness I would be able to modify it to keep both on at the same time if need be. I only have a two light system so I have significant limitations with my system.

Now on to the lights. The current set up I have has HID for high beam only and Halogen on the low beam. It would appear you can run 4 lights at the same time. This will allow you to run low beam HID only.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.. I was hoping there was a harness so that I could run 4 sets of lights. I will be running the power to the battery as to not fry the harness. It is H13 bulb that has a shroud in it that moves when the flash is activated. Thanks again for the info..

You will do much better with a retrofit compared to just swapping out bulbs if you are worried about blinding people. Stock housing are not designed for HID bulbs, and you will wind up with stray light everywhere. A housing designed for HIDs is going to be a lot better in that regards. Of course, go with a reputable manufacturer to make sure it's a good, well designed product.

That is a great looking truck you go there. Wish I could be of more help to you. Good luck on getting the hid's installed.

Back