Skidboot the dog....

Damn you SpeedKing...should of warned me to have a few tissues on hand. Stories like that, especially about dogs always get me. hehe

Dogs are such magical creatures that teach us so much about life. The bond we share w/ them is truly something special.
I noticed the video was posted on YT in 2006. I wonder how 'ole Skidboot is doing today? I don't envy Mr. Hartwig the day Skidboot passes, as I know how that feels.

Damn you SpeedKing...should of warned me to have a few tissues on hand. Stories like that, especially about dogs always get me. hehe

Dogs are such magical creatures that teach us so much about life. The bond we share w/ them is truly something special.
I noticed the video was posted on YT in 2006. I wonder how 'ole Skidboot is doing today? I don't envy Mr. Hartwig the day Skidboot passes, as I know how that feels.

Yeah, you want to cry? Try keeping two Huskies in the back yard and hoping they don't destroy everything and then get out and run around the 405 freeway in the carpool lane at 5:00pm.:banghead: Then try to tell that to the wife. You will need industrial tissue for that one, trust me.
Bubba the been there hoon there,:laugh:

Yea, i had a few tears in my eyes watching that.

All I can say is Wow! For my wife and I are dogs are our kids so everything he said about Skidboot I completely understand. God love Cowboy ways and philosophy, simply way of putting the complex and keeping focused on the good in both people and life. Funny how sometimes it takes the simple reminders from a small dog and a farrier to keep our perspective in check.

Thank you for the post!

Really amazing! I wish however, that there was a more happy ending...........

Back