Kathy's first time and...............

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Decided to take a break today and do something with Kathy my daughter 11yrs old.
First time ever in the seat !

Things like this will definitely make you forget bike problems ..
:laugh:

Deserted parking lot? good deal; she's doing great (oops, until I saw the crash) and you can tell she's really proud of herself. Great way to build her self-esteem (so important for little girls). I let me 8 year old daughter drive my pickup truck on the farm, but she still sits in my lap (and I have a toe on the the brake pedal).....

Great way to start them out driving. I know I drove farm tractors, long before I graduated to pickup trucks, cars, etc. I was driving a semi truck hauling hazmat when I was 18 years old (before you had to have a CDL)....

Now you just need to get it icy and let her slide around a little to learn how to recover...but I doubt you're gonna have a need for that in sunny FL.

The official accident report cites icy conditions could have been a factor...:laugh:

Shes already calling all her friends and saying shes a star on youtube !

My parents started letting me drive young as well, but the only thing I was driving at 11 was the riding lawn mower. :beerchug:

That's pretty cool.:beerchug:

"You're not gonna fall off the cliff....you're in a parking lot.":laugh:

Our new place....:laugh:

CRASH FERNANDEZ.jpg

doing good until the curb! You need to keep doing that in the parking lot so she can get better by the time she is 16 years old. Throw in some go-carting too and she should be set!

I did the same last year with my son. Took him to the high school parking lot. He was 15 and I made it challenging by taking the car with the manual transmission. He was doing just fine, at least until two county cop cars showed up. My son panicked and stopped right there. Jumped out of the drivers seat and ran around. We switched seats. My son was flipping out. The cops completely ignored us as they pulled up next to each other to talk. LOL.

Not so bad, lil curb hopin never hurt anyone.:whistle:

I wont even let my GF drive my car, brave man, Dad.:bowdown:

Last edited:
I got a video of Adam 3.5yrs old.
Hes sittin in my lap by sadly seemed more aware of what was going on around him.
He wanted to keep going....faster dad..faster dad....and it was good I had my feet on the pedals cuz we prolly would have if he had control.
Kathy was just wishing 30 of her friends were in the lot watching so she could wave to them. Next time maybe she will have more concentration.
For sitting in the seat first time ever not bad at all.

What makes it so special to me is I did exact same thing my first time driving my moms Chrysler K car wagon.
Church lot in Nashville. I was around same age and did same , got a little too comfy and put the car over a curb.
Only thing was the car was lower and curb was higher cuz all four wheels were off the ground ! We had to flag a guy with a pickup down who dragged it off the curb.
Next morning all the oil was in the driveway.
My dad was not happy or lucky like I am now.

Thanks for the compliments. Cant believe how big shes getting.
Just yesterday she was the one sleeping in our bed kicking me in the back !
Now its Adam and soon he will be out there rippin it up as well...

:beerchug::thumbsup:

Back