Human resources

2006busa

Registered
I need some one who works in human resources to help me out. I have a resume that i need critiqued if at all possible. PM me if your interested in taking a look at it for me

i just want someone in HR because they see resumes every day and they would probably know what to look for in a good on or a bad one. and they might know some good tricks to get a resume noticed by sombody. thats all

I follow your thought process, but feedback from people across the board would be good because HR is only the first line that sees your resume, then the specific department gets a hold of it, and impressing them is almost more important, you want to standout at that point.

Good luck though :beerchug:

From what I have going at school they suggest 1 page...name at top in a bigger font than the rest of the paper...then contact info, address etc...after that an objective statemant...then you highest level of education...if you graduated or are in college list that (leave out high school...it is implied)...then put you work experience...limit each job to five - six bullet points...at the botomn list cpu office/networking...etc ability and other special training (certs or specific machines)

At the top of the page it looks nicer if you put a solid line across the page between name, info, obj stmt, experience...use the bold for your name and catagorey heading...and when listing jobs put a city / state where it was and a month / year for begining and end.

I have been going through this with the career services at a college in ohio. Also a cover letter should have your name, contact info, experience, and a statment why you are seeking out their company + why you would be a good fit...if they like that...then they read your resmue.

Everybody wants electrons nowadays. I can't remember the last time I got a resume on 25lb linen paper, so don't even bother.

Spell checker is your friend.

Keep your experience direct. I don't need to know about your busboy experience at Dennys. Say what you accomplished - what you did that was of benefit to your former employer.

Keep your employment reverse chronological. Be sensitive to gaps in employment.

Hope some of this helps.

It's tough out there. Good luck!

Thank you all for you help. i dumped the old one and went back through all my stuff and made a brand new one. :cheerleader:

Back