Truck Exhaust?

knippie

Registered
I am looking to get a new exhaust system for my 2007 GMC Sierra (after market duals). Was wondering if and what other members have installed or are running on their vehicles..

Been a happy customer of Magnaflows (good bang for the buck). But if you have more coinage, then BORLA and BASSANI.

What kind of sound do you want? Borla makes a good system for your truck, if you want another option, get you some 2 chamber flowmasters with 3 inch pipes and run duals from the cats back. Should sound good.

I have been looking at the Flowmaster American Thunder system, and the Magnaflow. I want a low rumble. I had the HeartThrob system on my last truck, and that sounded great but did not last that long. So I would like to get something that will last a little longer this time.

I'm assuming yours is gas~?~ I used the Flowmaster 50 series duals on the Dodge a while back, they were ok...

On the Diesel I used BPRP 4 inch stainless and have been very happy with it~!~

Last edited by a moderator:
flowmaster 40's ftw. it's a man truck, right? did you get the big vortec?

Yes it is a mans truck, but it has the 5.3 liter I just ordered the Flowmaster system. Thank you for all of the input.

everyone has a flowmaster. I wanted something different, so I got a spintech. I'm a fan now.

This is my 90 firebird before the boost. 305 TPI Edelbrock headers 3" Magnaflow cat 3" I-pipe to Spintech muffler

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know where (if any) pictures of my truck with flowmaster's american thunder system on it are but if I were going to do it again I would use the same system. I had thier dual pipes out the back with a set of 18in long 4in wide tips. It gave it a very good sound. The shop that put the tips on told me you can adjust the tone of the exhaust by how much of the tail pipe extends into the tip. This is something like I used for tips. MagnaFlow 35146 - MagnaFlow Performance Stainless Steel Exhaust Tips - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Last edited:
I put a Magnaflow on my 05 Ram, love it. I've had flowmasters, glasspacks, race bullets, open headers, etc, and for a daily driver the Magnaflows are just right.

I have always used Flowmaster but recently switched to Magna Flow to try something new . They sound pretty good! :thumbsup:

Let us know how you like your flowmasters. I had dual Magnaflows on my Silverado SS and they sounded NASTY!

Put a flowmaster cat back on my 05 chevy right after I bought it. [Jegs]Sounds good.My v8's have to have a growl..it's my :rulez:

I think it all depends on the amount of money that you have to spend. If you have the cash I would go with the Bassani or the Borla setups, but if money is tight I would go with a couple flowmasters and some new pipes from the cat's back!

Back