My New Book

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
My New book...:laugh:

The title is not representitive of any particual discussions that have or will occur on this forum :whistle:
or directed at any particular members :whistle::whistle:

IMG_1675.jpg

An alcoholic and drug addict from a dysfunctional family who suffers from ADHD, with a high school education writes a book about what's wrong with the government.
Anybody else see the irony?

He seems to be on an equal playing field with the rest of the commentators out there. They're all full of themselves and say what gets ratings/what they're told. Only ones I enjoy are tucker carlson and oberman. They all have no more impact to me than an actor, a reality star, or anyone else with some claim to fame.
Posted via Mobile Device

An alcoholic and drug addict from a dysfunctional family who suffers from ADHD, with a high school education writes a book about what's wrong with the government.
Anybody else see the irony?

No...not really.

Interesting...just because someone ONCE drank or did drugs doesn't make them
stupid forever AND...college education doesn't make someone a genius or lack
of a diploma an idiot. Abraham Lincoln had 1 year of formal education and I think
he had pretty good handle on the concept of govt' and the constitution.
(not that I am compairing Lincoln to Glenn Beck but I think both have spent
a great deal of time in self education)

Granted I hadn't finished reading it, I just got it home but all facts presented
have source references to verify them yourself if desired. Beck (and Palin) for
that matter, just speaks common sense.

I've seen a ton of people come out school with sheepskin that were pure idiots
and ZERO common sense. :banghead: (a lot of which now sit in Washington)

Last edited:
A formal education was of far less importance at the time Lincoln was around.
Glen Beck is obviously intelligent enough to know that if provides alarmist xenophobic material, it will make him wealthy.
Not doubting his facts, he picks and chooses very carefully to make the world seem like a much worse place than it actually is, just like all his cronies in the "political analyst" business. He is no worse than Maddow, Olberman et al. He just isn't as funny as they are.....

I for one can't stand maddow. lol. I'd rather watch beck clockwork orange style than have the tv stop for a couple seconds on her.
Posted via Mobile Device

A formal education was of far less importance at the time Lincoln was around.
Glen Beck is obviously intelligent enough to know that if provides alarmist xenophobic material, it will make him wealthy.
Not doubting his facts, he picks and chooses very carefully to make the world seem like a much worse place than it actually is, just like all his cronies in the "political analyst" business. He is no worse than Maddow, Olberman et al. He just isn't as funny as they are.....

True..but...oh wait...lemme get my book out. :poke:

:lol: No I'm just kidding :lol:

I agree with education is far more important today but your insinuating that
someone without a formal education does not anything intelligent to offer.
That's my point about Lincoln.

As far as Beck sensationalizing the grim issues of the day...I think the world
is in pretty crappie shape. I don't think he really has to embellish a whole lot...
or at all.

Beck is very good, his staff does the homework and gets it right. The Libs really hate when REAL Americans find the truth and report. They are so used to their own kind, lemmings that believe the first thing they hear.

The other thing I look at is the people who are digging on him (Mr. Brown excluded)
on the back of the book...Whoopi Goldberg, Time Magazine, Olberman, Roseanne Barr
I can't stand any of 'em...so if they hate him, he must be doing something right.

He hasn't been cutting Bush any slack either...

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Maddow either. I think Olberman is funny, has been since his ESPN days. Maher is hilarious, watch him regularly. Definitely left slanted, but funny regardless.
Can't stand Whoopi Goldberg, or Roseanne Barr either, but like Time magazine.
I really don't think the world out there is any worse now than it has been for centuries, we just hear about more of the bad things that take place because we live in the Information Age. Surely you will agree that certain groups have a lot to gain by suggesting it's a horrible place that you ought not to venture forth into, instead allowing them to check it out for you and report back....
Beck was on the Bush bandwagon forever, the criticism of him is a tad late don't ya think?
We are completely agreed that lack of a formal education is not indicative of low intelligence, that was not the point I wanted to convey. My point was that someone who exhibits most of the traits that plague our country today probably isn't who we want pointing out what's wrong. Beck and all the rest of them (conservative and liberal alike) are a prime example of what is wrong with our country right now. Instead of listening to the leaders we have, or electing new ones in the places of the ones we don't want, we would rather listen to whoever shouts the loudest about who to blame for the problems. These people's sole existence is to talk about what others are doing, and point out what's wrong. How is that a career? They want to fix the country so bad, run for office and fix it.....

I'm not a fan of Maddow either. I think Olberman is funny, has been since his ESPN days. Maher is hilarious, watch him regularly. Definitely left slanted, but funny regardless.
Can't stand Whoopi Goldberg, or Roseanne Barr either, but like Time magazine.
I really don't think the world out there is any worse now than it has been for centuries, we just hear about more of the bad things that take place because we live in the Information Age. Surely you will agree that certain groups have a lot to gain by suggesting it's a horrible place that you ought not to venture forth into, instead allowing them to check it out for you and report back....
Beck was on the Bush bandwagon forever, the criticism of him is a tad late don't ya think?
We are completely agreed that lack of a formal education is not indicative of low intelligence, that was not the point I wanted to convey. My point was that someone who exhibits most of the traits that plague our country today probably isn't who we want pointing out what's wrong. Beck and all the rest of them (conservative and liberal alike) are a prime example of what is wrong with our country right now. Instead of listening to the leaders we have, or electing new ones in the places of the ones we don't want, we would rather listen to whoever shouts the loudest about who to blame for the problems. These people's sole existence is to talk about what others are doing, and point out what's wrong. How is that a career? They want to fix the country so bad, run for office and fix it.....

Good point. But who really has the time to look at every idiot out there? Someone has to do it. I am happy to have people that make a living digging around and doing that work for me. That way I can sift through the BS and make my own evaluation about what is right and wrong. True, sometimes they go overboard and actually lie about the facts. That is when I cut that person out of the loop for information.

Good point. But who really has the time to look at every idiot out there? Someone has to do it. I am happy to have people that make a living digging around and doing that work for me. That way I can sift through the BS and make my own evaluation about what is right and wrong. True, sometimes they go overboard and actually lie about the facts. That is when I cut that person out of the loop for information.
Problem is that like any good b/s'er they will slip the lies in along with facts known to be true, and people swallow everything wholesale. It's really easy to find someone that you think shares your outlook and agree with them when they are "preaching" about how it is. They count on the fact that most will simply believe what they are saying, without looking into it any further, and make a lot of money based on that. My point was that they would rather complain about how crappy the world/country/administration/whatever is than trying to fix it. Anyone can point out what's wrong with our country, we just differ on where the blame lays. I say that at this point it doesn't matter who is to blame for it, we need to get rid of all the politicians that contributed to it (which would be all of them!) and start fresh.
Arguing over whose fault it is is similar to worrying about who farted if we all work at a sewage plant. :lol:

Last edited:
I guess all I'm saying is enjoy whomever, but please don't believe they aren't in it for the money, that's the only reason they do what they do. Check facts and experience things for yourself. Question everything particularly authority, and everyone particularly those that puport to convey "Truth".

I don't care what side of the fence you're on...but I think if we all remember just one fact...

I LOVE MY COUNTRY BUT FEAR MY GOVERNMENT.....because my government isn't about my rights , or my family or our welfare...it's all about them and 2010 and 2011 there are going to be changes.

People of America are standing up and that is what makes me proud of this country. Enough is enough take the country back from the political hacks on both sides of the fence. Just my humble opinion.

Back