What year and bike changed you forever!

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I remember when I was just out of highschool and I saw these bikes cruising around. This is about the time of the movie "Top Gun" so sportbikes were the cool in thing... I fell in love with this bike and always wanted one...

I need to get one and redo it....

CAp

Mine = 1988 Honda CBR100f Hurricane

cbr1000f-90a.jpg

cbr1000f-90a.jpg

The first red white and blue Interceptors Honda came out with.
My older bro and his buds grew up on the KZ1000s and the like and then the Hondas and Gsxrs came out.
It was the first Interceptor 500 that really hooked me.
I was like 10 or so I think.

Friends in High School had Yamaha Seca Turbo, Hurricane, Ninjas.

I was probably best left on off road carts and dirt bikes and getting on street bikes later in life.

I would have to say it was a 1985 honda goldwing aspencade. I bought it new when i got back in the states from japan when i was in the Corps. I went home on leave in Louisiana and bought it. Never been on a bike beforte that except a yamaha 80 enduro when I was 12. 2 weeks later i rode to Cal. to MCAS Tustin. 2000 wonderful miles... God i was in love:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ive had quite a few bikes, But the one that sticks in my mind was my (92-Zx11).:beerchug: Muzzy Big Block 1255, SuperBikMike Swingarm & Tuning.:thumbsup:

97 gsxr 600. First bike. Still miss it.

First bike I seen that I knew I wanted was tom cruise in top gun. Don't even remember what it was just my dad saying how fast those bikes are. How he wished he would buy one but wouldn't cause mom didn't want him to get another bike. lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Learned to ride on a KAW EX-500. Outgrew it after a few weeks and moved up to a HON CBR1000 Hurricane

I learned a Honda 305 Superhawk in 1966 ( not Mine ). I graduated high school in 69.
While in college, in 1972 I bought my first new bike, a Honda CB-750. Definitely a life changing event. :thumbsup:

Almost embarrasing now.

But this is the bike that let me know I was destined to ride a bike for the rest of my life.

Got it when I was 16.

1970 Honda CB350===================================================================

cb350.jpg

cb350.jpg

Mine was a 1993 Ninja 250..

kawasaki%2B07-ninja250r.jpg

I still remember it like it was yesterday. Took a friends bike he took my car. Never riden before.............

Dumped it in the middle of the intersection of Main and Mustang on the north side of Andrews Tx. Oh those were great times, young stupid and invincible.

Disclaimer: I am not stating all young people are stupid, just that I personally was stupid when I was younger.

I learned a Honda 305 Superhawk in 1966 ( not Mine ). I graduated high school in 69.
While in college, in 1972 I bought my first new bike, a Honda CB-750. Definitely a life changing event. :thumbsup:

Busanova I feel you on this one. The bike that changed my life was the 1970 honda cb 750 four, that was in 1971. The Busa is the ONLY bike since then that has given me that wrenching in the pit of my stomach when i grip it and rip it.

Busanova I feel you on this one. The bike that changed my life was the 1970 honda cb 750 four, that was in 1971. The Busa is the ONLY bike since then that has given me that wrenching in the pit of my stomach when i grip it and rip it.

In 1979 I bought a new Honda CBX 6-cyl. The acceleration was gut-wrenching for it's time but as quick and scary for it's time it did not have the impact of that CB-750 because my level of experience was up. The Busa was off the charts of course!

on the morning of Dec.25, 1978, a young 6 year old awoke to learn that "Santa" had left this under my tree.....1978 RM-50, 2 stroke with a manual clutch. i was riding it down the street shortly after.

1978_RM50.jpg

1980_RM50.jpg

In 1980, My six year old brother and 12 year old sister found a new Yamaha MX-80 under the Christmas tree. It took Mom years to forgive me. :rofl:
We still have the bike.

Back