Beretta anyone ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Probably have seen and are familiar with Model 92.
Anyone ever seen a Beretta Billennium ?
ALL steel, both frame and slide.
Nickel plated
Double action and Single action with frame mounted safety for cocked and locked carry
Carbon Fiber grips
Mostly hand made in Italy ,hand scalloped and fine cut checkered
Limited to 2000 worldwide, 1k for USA, 1k for the rest of the world.
Guns for US were 9x19 , guns for all else were 9x21 caliber
Released in yr 2000 .

BILLENNIUM 004.jpg

BILLENNIUM 002.jpg

Sweet looking gun! :thumbsup:

I have a 92FS, I love it, there is beauty in the lines, the italians have an eye for beauty you know................

By contrast, my Glock 36 is all business, no pretty lines, all utilitarian. It seves me well for concealed carry, but damn it's ugly.

Carlsbadbusa why not the like for Beretta ?
Just curious.
Only pistol to have made it thru Army testing.
I have a few makes no favorites really just asking.

I am not a fan of the 92; clogged up/misfire/jam too easily (both my personal one and the one I was issued). In comparison, my Glocks will shoot just about anything, in about any condition and not jam.

One of the 1st handguns I looked at purchasing was the 92F, but it proved to be to big for my hands. They made a smaller version dubbed the 93E (I think that was the model) however I was never able to find one.

So I ended up w/ a Glock 23. Would still like to own a double action at some point.

Glock-23.jpg

Skydvr a Glock will shoot just about anything but will it do it 15,000 times without stoppage and without a single cleaning ?
The Beretta did .
Glock did not and they were the lowest bidder .

If I had to jump in a canal I prolly would take a glock instead of a Beretta simply due to less parts and a looser fit.
But in the same sense I have worn out a few Berettas literally and cannot remember a single problem related to the gun itself.
Also very accurate .
One above is still new though .
Never even cocked it or drawn the slide in ten yrs .

Beretta U.S.A. Reliability and Durability Statistics for the Beretta 9mm Hand gun

• The average reliability of all M9 pistols tested at Beretta U.S.A. is 17,500 rounds without a stoppage.
• During one test of twelve pistols fired at Beretta U.S.A. before Army supervision, Beretta-made M9 pistols shot 168,000 rounds without a single malfunction.
• The Beretta 9mm hand gun was the most reliable of all pistols tested in the 1984 competition which resulted in the award of the M9 contract to Beretta.
• Two-thirds of all M9 hand guns endurance tested at Beretta U.S.A. fired 5,000 rounds without a single mal function or, at most, with only one malfunction.
• The average durability of Beretta M9 slides is over 35,000 rounds, the point at which U.S. Army testing ceases.
• The average durability of M9 frames is over 30,000 rounds. The average durability of M9 locking blocks is 22,000 rounds.

Last edited:
Skydvr a Glock will shoot just about anything but will it do it 15,000 times without stoppage and without a single cleaning ?
The Beretta did .
Glock did not and they were the lowest bidder .

If I had to jump in a canal I prolly would take a glock instead of a Beretta simply due to less parts and a looser fit.
But in the same sense I have worn out a few Berettas literally and cannot remember a single problem related to the gun itself.
Also very accurate .
One above is still new though .
Never even cocked it or drawn the slide in ten yrs .

That has to be hard to resist huh Saiid? Look at her....She's just begging to have a few rounds burned thru her! :laugh:
You know you want to :poke: :ehh:

Just curious.

Well not that I dislike it, just not my first choice...just likes, theyre great arms though....Im more of a traditional looks...that its reliable it is very true....I put so many rounds through my service m9 and never had a jam or problem with it...that thing was so lose from use by the time I got it though but still fired true...but this one here looks like a ferrari....i love it...

Takeuon the gun will be one Adam shows to his friends when he says look what my dad left me. Maybe sooner if he's a good boy !
New in box she will be as well as many others .

Bryan ,Every time you post and I see your sig I feel like playing Bushido Blade or something.
Hiiiii Yah ! Love that thing . Dude chops like 3 people up !

ur name with a y or I ?
I'm not sure ?

Ace_05 I would agree with you to the point to where that would involve alot more training.
To be competent with a single action only semi auto pistol is difficult for most compared to the 92.
To carry cocked and locked and in time of need or panic remember to swipe safety is hard for many folks is all.
The Beretta is more user friendly to the group.
No arguement from me on single action .45 compared to DA 9mm.
Both good but .45 has more proven instant incapacitation than 9mm.

Just curious.

Not true, the 1911 is still alive and well. I use it all the time. Berretta rarely goes with me.

Back