Who gets more sunshine then Miami, Fl

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Kansas baby... :poke: :poke:

But, not this year....
"Fog has draped the Wichita area for more than 20 days through the first five weeks of 2010.
(So thick you can barely see your hand and it hangs around ALL day)
Kansans are used to sunshine — Wichita averages more sunshine each year than Miami, Teller (a local meteorologist) said — so when an extended period of gray skies sets in, so does grumpiness..."

Read more: Forecast is wintry: Snow now, later | Wichita and Kansas news | Crime, courts, weather, education, politics, events | Wichita Eagle

Anyone else experiencing weird or unseasonal weather? Seems to me that over the last couple of years things have been pretty strange weather wise just about everywhere.

Kansas baby... :poke: :poke:

But, not this year....
"Fog has draped the Wichita area for more than 20 days through the first five weeks of 2010.
(So thick you can barely see your hand and it hangs around ALL day)
Kansans are used to sunshine — Wichita averages more sunshine each year than Miami, Teller (a local meteorologist) said — so when an extended period of gray skies sets in, so does grumpiness..."

Read more: Forecast is wintry: Snow now, later | Wichita and Kansas news | Crime, courts, weather, education, politics, events | Wichita Eagle

Anyone else experiencing weird or unseasonal weather? Seems to me that over the last couple of years things have been pretty strange weather wise just about everywhere

It seems this winter in particular the States are really having some strange weather patterns.
Spring better be just around the corner :please:

It seems this winter in particular the States are really having some strange weather patterns.
Spring better be just around the corner :please:

You didnt get the memo Spring has been postponed until July. :rofl:

Is there a beach or ocean in Kansas Toto ?

Glad you asked... Yes, an ocean of wheat as far as the eye can see! :poke:

Some fun facts for the Toto loving crowd
1. The Geodetic Center of North America is about 40 miles south of Lebanon, KS at Meade's Ranch. It is the beginning point of reference for land surveying in North America. When a surveyor checks a property line, he or she is checking the position of property in relation to Meade's Ranch in northwest Kansas.
2. Hutchinson, KS is nicknamed the Salt City because it was built above some of the richest salt deposits in the world. Salt is still actively mined, processed and shipped from Hutchinson.
3. The Hugoton, KS Gas Field is the largest natural gas field in the United States. It underlies all or parts of 10 southwestern Kansas counties as well as parts of Oklahoma and Texas. The gas field underlies almost 8,500 square miles, an area nearly 5 times as large as the state of Rhode Island.
4. Sumner County, KS is known as The Wheat Capital of the World.
5. Wichita, Ks is the Air Capital of the World

Air capital of the world....:rofl:

that reminds me of yrs ago when my bros girlfriend was going to Phoenix to visit family.
At 33 it was the first time she had ever left FL.
She told my brother it was harder to breathe out there cuz the air was thinner...:rofl:
I have never laughed so hard in my life...

No offense on the comment as a person who lives on a level plane on top of a sandbox I envy folks who live elsewhere..
Just not at this time of yr..:laugh:

Death Valley has you beat in spades...even the lizards find it uncomfortable in the Summer though...:rofl:2hip

Anyone else experiencing weird or unseasonal weather? Seems to me that over the last couple of years things have been pretty strange weather wise just about everywhere.

We are fixin to build an ARK down here.. I think we got like 8 inches of rain in 4 hours yesterday. The ground is so staurated that the SEPTIC TANK is not working properly!!

At least its not the white stuff.

Back