No job = tax refund?

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
How do people that don't work (and have no inclination to work) get a tax refund? I'm not asking literally...but how can our government and we as a people justify just handing money to people because they have kids? I don't get it? I'm getting penalized because I decided not to have children. Meanwhile, every girl that can't seem to learn how to keep their legs closed seems to be getting $5000.

Where is my $5000 check Unlce Sam?

Earned income tax credit should be for those that earned income........
Just another way to work the system.

they dont get 5k they are exempt from 5k..ud have to pay it to get it back

First you need to have a sex change and a few pups.
Then you too can Join Obamaland...:rofl:

Sorry up front if that was a little cold to anyone and no offense to any hard working single moms.

they dont get 5k they are exempt from 5k..ud have to pay it to get it back

As Mr. Brown said, EIC (Earned Income Credit) is a flat out credit. if you never paid in, you still get the money regardless.

Unearned income credit. Its an abortion. How can you get more than what you paid?!?! The income tax system here is horrible.
Posted via Mobile Device

First you need to have a sex change and a few pups.
Then you too can Join Obamaland...:rofl:

Sorry up front if that was a little cold to anyone and no offense to any hard working single moms.

Ya cuz Obama invented this......
The Tax code is rife with loopholes and exemptions, usually for those making huge sums of money. Don't hate that poor folks have found one that works. Not saying it's right, but if we are gonna fix the system, lets fix the whole damn thing. Flat tax 15% across the board. You make it, you pay it. Eliminate sales, estate, capital gains, death, and all the other taxes. If it is income, you pay 15% tax on it, end of story.

Ya cuz Obama invented this......
The Tax code is rife with loopholes and exemptions, usually for those making huge sums of money. Don't hate that poor folks have found one that works. Not saying it's right, but if we are gonna fix the system, lets fix the whole damn thing. Flat tax 15% across the board. You make it, you pay it. Eliminate sales, estate, capital gains, death, and all the other taxes. If it is income, you pay 15% tax on it, end of story.

I agree. But I think there should be a tax on everything except perishable items and income. Everything that's hard is a luxury basically. Not a neccesity. You can buy a cheaper vehicle to get artound but if you want the nice one you gotta pay to play. Ceos want a maybach. 15percent that's it. No write offs or etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree. But I think there should be a tax on everything except perishable items and income. Everything that's hard is a luxury basically. Not a neccesity. You can buy a cheaper vehicle to get artound but if you want the nice one you gotta pay to play. Ceos want a maybach. 15percent that's it. No write offs or etc.
Posted via Mobile Device
That would work also. Same destination, different journey....:beerchug:

Imagine the screams from the CPA lobby. H&R block would spend millions to thwart it.

Imagine the screams from the CPA lobby. H&R block would spend millions to thwart it.
Very true. They and the ambulance chasers, pharma lawyers and insurance companies can all fall off the face of the earth for all I care. Our government and country is in such a huge mess for this exact reason. Our government is no longer representing those who elected it.......

Flat tax, not-for-profit healthcare and tort reform. Those three things would help the people of this country immensely.....

That would work also. Same destination, different journey....:beerchug:

Yea. It would help the lower and middle class more to tax goods vs income. Yes they would pay less on an income but under a hard goods tax they have the potential to keep more of their earned income, puts the ball in the court of the individual.
Posted via Mobile Device

if your gov. no longer respresnts you....then elect new representatives.

funny, nobody is complaing about child tax credit?

most of the taxes are paid by a small percentage of the people.....and they are not at the low, and middle class income levels.

I think all income tax credits are dumb because the whole icome tax system is flawed. Am I gonna turn it down though. Wouldn't hold my breath and wait for it. Ill take every cent this flawed system will allow, but at the end of te day that's the problem. Systems flawed and allows for abuse. If you could eith pay for gas or not with no benefit or consequence from it what would you do?
Posted via Mobile Device

if your gov. no longer respresnts you....then elect new representatives.

funny, nobody is complaing about child tax credit?

most of the taxes are paid by a small percentage of the people.....and they are not at the low, and middle class income levels.
Most of the taxes as a dollar figure? Maybe. But certainly not as a percentage of income. Come on now, we all know that the middle and upper lower classes have effectively been taxed into extinction. We, the working folk, bear most of the tax burden of this economy. the rich hide their income, the poor don't have any to tax....

that does sound like bull.I was laidoff last summer but I had federal taxes taken out my unemploymeny checks.I think i can get some $ back on that but not really same thing.

Most of the taxes as a dollar figure? Maybe. But certainly not as a percentage of income. Come on now, we all know that the middle and upper lower classes have effectively been taxed into extinction. We, the working folk, bear most of the tax burden of this economy. the rich hide their income, the poor don't have any to tax....

its those rich people that pay for everything.

its the middle, and lower class that use everything.

rich people pay more into the system, and truly use less.

poor pay people pay little, and get lots......middle class gets a fair shake.

Knda funny that I saw this today. Ysterday I served a search warrant at a residence for some illegal activities that had been occurring. Not minor infractions by any means. We recovered some money, around 17,000.00 in cash from all over the home. It was not a nice home mind you. Niether He nor she has a legite job during the last few months or for as long as I can remember. After seizing the money and as you may have guessed, the crack cocaine from the home and septic line from where it was flushed upon entry, I find a tax form that shows where she filed a return and received approximately 7000.00 from the government for credits due to children and only had an income of not even twice that amount for the year. Kinda put things in perspective for me. None of the cash in the house was the tax money, as was later determined. It was in the bank with some "other money" that is questionable. Just thought it was funny that this thread was here cause I was wondering why I worked and payed in a whole lot more and, well you get the idea. I'm not complaining mind you, I'm happy to come home to my house that is nice and be able to have a job that I like. And believe me, my retirement plan is a whole lot better than theirs will be!!:laugh::whistle:

Back