Broke shovel digging out 35,000 lbs last night~!~

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
Snow Snow Snow everywhere~!!~ I don't remember the last time I've seen so much.

When it snowed a couple weeks ago, I pulled a few vehicles free and ended up having to replace the pinion gear in my Jeep.

Last night I pass by an 18 wheeler that attempted to make it up the hill to his destination on a small 2 lane back road, but instead slid backwards down the hill and buried the trailer axles in the ditch.

There was a line of traffic waiting to go both ways, but no one had anything to dig with. I got a shovel and a logging chain...between digging out the drive axles and a mid size Nissan truck tugging (can you believe it, pulling up hill too) and the rig smoking it's drive tires off we were actually able to get it dug out and back down the hill.

Wish I had a camera, twas the excitement for the night~!~

Well, I'm sorry I gotta be the one

:worthless:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I know I know, kicking myself for not taking a camera to see all the tire smoke involved, LoL

4x4 truck smoking what he could and jumping around and 8 drive tires of the semi rolling smoke once the axles stopped jumping off the ground.

I only had the digging tools on my mind and didn't think about the camera until all the smoke action started...

It was pretty interesting, just dealing with something a little different...my father drove rigs for about 35 years.

If it were a job and I got paid for it, it would not have been so entertaining (and would have felt colder since I would have to stay out there) :laugh:

Back