Logic 101.... hmmm

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
Logic 101

An interesting letter in the Australian Shooter Magazine, which I quote:

"If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq theater of operations during the past 22 months, and a total of 2112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers.

The firearm death rate in Washington , DC is 80.6 per 100,000 for the same period. That means you are about 25 per cent more likely to be shot and killed in the US capital which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the US than you are in Iraq.â€￾

Conclusion: The US should pull out of Washington

:laugh:

logic has little to do with the anti gun fanatics tought process.

(those numbers do not reflect the number of non-us soldiers carrying guns in that area)

likley that population density...they should tie a gps program with crime rate / crime type for an app...

drivel like this really makes me P.O.... it discredits everything that those serving have done, and the sacrifice that those who died accomplished...

THE REAL NUMBERS:

because your data is way off, both in the numbers killed in washington DC and the deaths in iraq...

First Washington DC.

their rate of murder is and has been hovering around 30-40 / 100,000 for a long time...this years was 31.8 per 100,000..... conviently the fbi tracks all this data for us.... google is your friend...

now those are only violent, nonnegligent murders.... actual rates of death by guns are LOWER.... those only likely around 10% lower as 9 out of 10 homicides usually involve a gun of some sort...

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius_04/documents/04tbl05a.xls
http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius_03/xl/03tbl05.xls

Now Iraq...

there have been:
103,000 civilians killed
+ 4693 us/uk coallition force casualties...
+ 9000 iraqi police and military killed (allied with coallition)
+ 10,000-40,000 iraqi combatants (unknown exact number)

so ballpark 130,000 dead since the most recent invasion...

using the numbers up top...

calculating that up.... approximatly 1300 civilians, soldiers, police, etc. are dying per month over the last 60 months....

or JUST around ~100 US troops per 100000 over the last 22

and thats before we actually adjust the numbers of troops for the last 22 months, which is actually arond 130,000-140,000 total... not 160,000...

now please, dont do a disservice to those serving over seas, by trying to minimalize the sacrifice of those serving or who have served and died... both civilian and military...

a human life is a human life...

Last edited:
Logic 101

An interesting letter in the Australian Shooter Magazine, which I quote:

"If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq theater of operations during the past 22 months, and a total of 2112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers.

The firearm death rate in Washington , DC is 80.6 per 100,000 for the same period. That means you are about 25 per cent more likely to be shot and killed in the US capital which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the US than you are in Iraq.â€￾

Conclusion: The US should pull out of Washington

:laugh:

Im sorry if i read this wrong but the math dosnt add up wouldnt that be over a 1000 per 1000000. 2100 deaths per 160000 people is def no where close to 60 per 100k.

No disrespect to any military or past military was meant by this! This was sent to me from an ex navy chief! I had a good laugh at it, and wanted to share it. So I am sorry, if it made you guys mad that I posted it.

It was a rib. That's all. Not offended here. Can't take the country that banned guns srsly anyway. lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

And the citizens lined up to turn in their semi autos as well .
Uh here you go kind sir .
Sure no prob make as many manhole covers from my AKs as you like they said down under ?

Simple fact is you are more likely to be shot in a violent crime in an area that is gun restrictive compared to one that allows folks to legally carry.
Since FL enacted it's CWP law certain kinds of violent crimes have gone way down.

And the citizens lined up to turn in their semi autos as well .
Uh here you go kind sir .
Sure no prob make as many manhole covers from my AKs as you like they said down under ?

Wish I wouldve bought every Fal parts kit that came my way back then.
Posted via Mobile Device

In Phil96 fashion....

The outlaw Jesse James (left) and his gang piled up some bodies.

5a-Jesse-James-bearded200.jpg

Simple fact is you are more likely to be shot in a violent crime in an area that is gun restrictive compared to one that allows folks to legally carry.
Since FL enacted it's CWP law certain kinds of violent crimes have gone way down.

i dont personally believe the DC ban was legal.... but that doesnt change your facts are making a HUGE leap...

it doesnt account for states like iowa, where getting a CWP is difficult at best having one of the lowest murder rates in the nation....

fact is, states which have extremly liberal CWP laws, have almost exactly the same murder rate as ones which have extremly tight laws...

in fact, louisiana, especially has a slightly above average murder rate per 100,000 persons....and they have relativly open cwp, and open carry laws...

then if we look at other violent crime like rape, assault, etc.... DC is generally on average with the rest of the country to slightly below average....

so one can assume, gun laws had NO impact on other violent crime as compared to states with more liberal gun laws...

my point is dc is, at best an anomily...

unless you want to believe the statistics are relevant... then they have a higher rate of murder.... but in our seat of govt... should we really be surprised hehehe:laugh:

for the record, im pro cwp with reasonable restrictions (background checks, no crazies, required training,citizen of us), i am however anti open carry (invites stupid people to see a gun and do something stupid)

i just generally think the NRA's touted reasons, are ludicrous...

Last edited:
Back