Report linking autism to vaccines is retracted by medical journal

Hmmm, Lancet is not the JAMA, that I am more familiar with.

"concluded that the MMR vaccine is a primary cause of autism"

I agree that wording is too strong, however, I believe there IS an indirect link between vacination and autism, and vacination increases risk.

My sister is a Nurse who has acess to copious data records. I decided TO vacinate my son, because, there are examples of unvacinated children suffering terribly, HOWEVER,I made his Physician space the vacinations out, not (3) at once, as is the norm.

Last edited:
Two and talking is a good idea about when to vaccinate children.

Has anyone ever looked up the vaccine court? Its ridiculous. Marisol free (sp?) Is another good idea to request.

Whether its linked to autism or not is highly debateable, but that's not the only adverese reaction that can happen when giving these shots. Stacking them up makes it harder to diagnose what caused the reaction and harder to treat.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hmmm, Lancet is not the JAMA, that I am more familiar with.

"concluded that the MMR vaccine is a primary cause of autism"

I agree that wording is too strong, however, I believe there IS an indirect link between vacination and autism, and vacination increases risk.

My sister is a Nurse who has acess to copious data records. I decided TO vacinate my son, because, there are examples of unvacinated children suffering terribly, HOWEVER,I made his Physician space the vacinations out, not (3) at once, as is the norm.

The JAMA denounced the paper 12 years ago when it first came out.

This is something very near and dear to my heart - our 16 yo son is autistic.

The only link between vaccines and autism is timing. Vaccines are given about the same time as certain milestones for children's development - it's coincindence. Why has the number of autism diagnoses in the US and UK increased when vaccinations and use of the "culprit" thermasol are down. I know autistc children who have never been vaccinated.

Most studies - based on sound scientific methods which the Wakefield study WAS NOT - are leaning towards a genetic link. This is why autism often runs in families. Siblings of autistics are twice as likely to have autstic children than others.

I suspect, parents who cling to this fairytale have a difficult time accepting that it was their genes that caused this. It's easier to say someone else did it. I think if these people are completely honest with themselves they'll realize that their child was showing autistic tendencies before their vaccines.

12 years of time, effort, and money wasted that could have been spend on treatment, early diagnosis and suppoert are gone.

That's why I think two and talking is important. Easier to see a regression and diagnose vs never having the progression and all these other factors weighing. Then It could be a number of things.
Posted via Mobile Device

there has never been scientific proof that vaccinations cause autism....

but some would rather blame an imaginary cause, a gov. conspiracy and plot or malpractice...than admit that autism is hereditary or if not deal with the randomness of such things.

As stated earlier, there are much worse side effects to stacking vaccines - there are several auto immune disorders that have been linked to vaccines not just due to stacking, but to contaminated vaccines, etc.

The JAMA denounced the paper 12 years ago when it first came out.

This is something very near and dear to my heart - our 16 yo son is autistic.

The only link between vaccines and autism is timing. Vaccines are given about the same time as certain milestones for children's development - it's coincindence. Why has the number of autism diagnoses in the US and UK increased when vaccinations and use of the "culprit" thermasol are down. I know autistc children who have never been vaccinated.

Most studies - based on sound scientific methods which the Wakefield study WAS NOT - are leaning towards a genetic link. This is why autism often runs in families. Siblings of autistics are twice as likely to have autstic children than others.

I suspect, parents who cling to this fairytale have a difficult time accepting that it was their genes that caused this. It's easier to say someone else did it. I think if these people are completely honest with themselves they'll realize that their child was showing autistic tendencies before their vaccines.

12 years of time, effort, and money wasted that could have been spend on treatment, early diagnosis and suppoert are gone.

thank you for this.... i didnt respond because i knew i couldnt respond in a reasonable, calm manner.... was hoping someone just like yourself would...

thanks

:beerchug:

As stated earlier, there are much worse side effects to stacking vaccines - there are several auto immune disorders that have been linked to vaccines not just due to stacking, but to contaminated vaccines, etc.

where can i find information on this?

where can i find information on this?

my guess is he is refering to Guillain-Barre syndrome, and anyphalaxis... extremly rare side effects which have a link to vaccination...

however, the increase in occurence due to vaccination is actually statistically insignificant...

the yearly occurence of guillain-barre is something in the realm of 1.3-1.9 cases per 100,000 people...

anaphalaxis is little more than being alergic to the vaccination....

none the less, the elevated risk of getting GBS is so minute as to be statistically insignificant... in the regions of 1.4 cases be 100,000 instead of 1.3....

basically the benefit of the vaccination far out weights the risk of GBS...

http://www.factsandcomparisons.com/assets/hospitalpharm/IMM1.pdf

page 4 gets into the nitty gritty of the occurence of GBS in vaccinated vs unvaccinated cases...

I had a reaction to a vaccine. Stopped breathing and started convulsing, having an allergic reaction can be a big deal.

No reason to risk it too early is what I'm saying. They are neccessary but not combined or too early.
Posted via Mobile Device

I had a reaction to a vaccine. Stopped breathing and started convulsing, having an allergic reaction can be a big deal.

No reason to risk it too early is what I'm saying. They are neccessary but not combined or too early.
Posted via Mobile Device

Unfortunately, no one can predict an allergic reaction. Severe reactions can be terrifying and, yes, fatal.

Personally, I think the benefit of vaccines out-weigh the bad. But I also feel that people need to be properly educated on them. I'm torn on the opt-out debate. Thanks to vaccines, small pox has been vitually erradicated on our planet. I wish I knew the statitics of children dying from measles and rubela before vaccines were the norm. And rubela can cause all kinds of problems later in life - other disabilities, sterility, etc. Children can even die from severe cases of chicken pox which is why the vaccine is becoming more common. One of the reasons that the current mortality rate of children is so high is because of the lower occurance of "childhood" diseases.

Vaccines are kind of like your helmet, hopefully you'll never need it, but aren't you glad you have it, just in case?

View attachment 1630494
Fake news, “deadly placebo” LOLOLOLOL!!!

Back