Hey Come on in the waters fine...

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Nearly 10-foot hammerhead shark caught in Riviera Beach, closes beach for second day

About 10 minutes from my home. Place where I swim regularly.

shark_162340c_162455c.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh yeah if people knew how often they swim in waters that sharks are known to live in, the beaches would be considerably more empty lol

For example there is a colony of nurse sharks living in the breakers off the obx :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Glad to see they released it . Thats where they live,Now see one walking down main street and thats news. Nice day for a swim.

I think it's the Bull Shark that's become the real menance in Florida's costal waters, isn't it?

Ugh yeah if people knew how often they swim in waters that sharks are known to live in, the beaches would be considerably more empty lol

For example there is a colony of nurse sharks living in the breakers off the obx :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, that's what I was thinking :laugh:

Still, I'm not a fan of swimming off the beaches...give me a swimming pool anyway :thumbsup:

Most all I know either eat it or put it back gently no matter what it is.
Not to say a shark like that would have been eaten.
Nothing to me beats a nice swim at the beach.
Followed by my fav sandwich which I got from the other thread,
and then a nice siesta....at which point I wake up just in time to see all the
creatures of the female order turn over......:laugh:

On the shark it is really to let folks who dont live here know.
This time of yr when the water off the beach goes below 70 or so the big fish like this do come in right up to the beach.
Late May thru Sept the water is above 80 degrees and they really stay further out.
There are Nurse sharks and other smaller ones we see regularly though in summer.
Most folks come here from other parts of the world and dont really study things.
They get lost in the paradise and sudden change of temp and dont think about what they may be out there with this time of yr.
If I ever was to go to Alaska I would study the time and season I was going to make sure the Grizzlies werent going crazy at that particular point in the yr.

At any point in time thru the yr though there are usually hundreds of sharks gathering about a mile of shore from West Palm Beach.
The news shows them and since the water is only 10ft deep on this one shoal where they gather you can see them by the 100s !

Never really bother or bite anyone on purpose. Its always murky water or mistaken ID.
Sharks by nature are scared of people and ones I have seen diving throughout the yrs swam away instead of towards you.

There are times when Nurse sharks will go after your Lobster bag and you will have to 'cut and run'

I remember one time in Marathon I was snorkeling a hole trying to stir out a few lobsters. I felt something bump me.
Since I was camping with a bunch a Lobster thirsty drunks I figured it was my cousin or another. Bump, there it was again!

Turn around ready to scream thru my mask only to see a six or seven foot nurse shark looking at me like I had my hand in his fridge ! He was not happy.
I personally can attest to the fact mankind has seen two men walk on water !
Jesus and ME !

Last edited:
Back