Ice Storm pictures, hope you dont live in Hobart OK.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
I have never in 20 years seen this kind of ice. Working for an electric utility, you would think I have seen damage. Wow.

January 2010 Ice Storm 001.jpg

January 2010 Ice Storm 003.jpg

January 2010 Ice Storm 004.jpg

January 2010 Ice Storm 005.jpg

January 2010 Ice Storm 007.jpg

We really appreciate the Kansas City Power and Light crews. The wire in the picture is usually about the diameter of a pencil.

January 2010 Ice Storm 014.jpg

KCPL - Those guys are always helping out when they can. :thumbsup:

Y'all are doing a tough job in terrible weather conditions. Thanks for all you do to keep the 'lectricity flowing! Stay safe...

I'm so glad we did not get an ice storm out of yesterday's mess. Those are always the worst...thanks for posting pics. Now I'm freezing! LOL

Yeah James! Thanks for what you do, this time others came to help you... Im sure at some point your crews have been down in OKC helping too... Thanks for keeping the lights on..

Hope all is back to normal soon!

We got hit hard last year, there was so much widespread damage it took weeks for the contractors to catch up!

Crazy pics! I think that is worse than the '07 storm up here. Some of the damage they are showing on the news doesn't look anywhere near as bad as those pics.

We had a storm like that in the early 80's in Portland. It is called a Silver Thaw. 10 years after the trees were still bent over like giant candy canes.

Good luck and stay safe.

I know a whole group of people I work in conjunction with who also really appreciate the efforts that get put into keeping things going. :thumbsup: stay safe guys

Anyone who can't take it and can get out come on down .
It's rainy here today but 65.
Praying for you folks to be safe and warm !

That's some crazy stuff! I bet the people there are sooooo glad to see y'all.

Stay safe and warm!!

Back