Americans Arrested While Taking Children From Haiti

I am sure they had good intentions...but they executed them with ignorance.

Trying to take children across a border with no papers....D'oh! Regardless of their intentions, they were pretty darn ignorant to try that. Hopefully they will only get verbally spanked and sent back to the USA.....

truth of the matter is, we have no ideas what their intentions were...

the only thing we know for sure,10 americans, had 30 children, no paper work for any of them,no proof they were orphans, and no embassy approval to move them...

and all she could say was, "she was going to come back and do the paperwork later"

if you caught a thief, and they said "i was going to come back and pay for it later"

would you think well that was dumb, but well intentioned or would you toss their butts in jail?

no excuses, they are subject to haitian/international laws like anyone else... good intentions, bad intentions, or otherwise...

until they can provide substantiation in the form of evidence which exonerates them, they broke the law...:rulez:

I dont care about the religion. They are stupid for trying to take children out of thier native country without papers ect... Now Haiti has to feed, house and deal with them rather than focusing their limited resources on the people that need help. They would have been more help if the just stayed home.

They were taking them 2 a hotel+medical care..I think they were living in the street.
I wonder were the kids would be better off?:firing::santa::moderator:die santa die!!
They lock those people up usa should suspend there help.

Last edited:
They were taking them 2 a hotel+medical care..I think they were living in the street.
I wonder were the kids would be better off?:firing::santa::moderator:die santa die!!
They lock those people up usa should suspend there help.

That link must have taken me to a different story. The story I read stated some of those kids had living parents. The last part of the article was real interesting too.

Noble act gone horribly wrong. Trafficking of humans(kids) is what all the big uproar behind this it seems. Taking them off the streets is one thing,but to export them out of the country without asking? If it was reversed I'm sure our country would be upset about it.

Gonna be a hard call on how to judge them cause of future problems with actual trafficking of humans.

Mabe not clear The church members, most from Idaho, said they were only trying to rescue abandoned and traumatized children

I just dont think they intended harm or sell the kids.They screwed up 4 sho but I dont think jail.Heck they released everybody from there jails.I will watch cnn 2morow try get update on the situation.

Back