My Three Sons...

Phil96

Tail Gunner
Donating Member
Registered
They are omniverous, eat anything but hot dogs.:laugh:

three (Small).JPG

I have to admit, this was the very last thing I was expecting to see.

I'm in unincorporated strip of city, so I can get away with it.

it wasnt the getting away with it part that had me confused...

so much as the......

you have peacocks in your back yard part....

i know people with cats,dogs,snakes, racoons, skunks, all kinds of different birds....

you are the first person i have ever seen who had peacocks....

how, why..... peacocks?!

:beerchug:

it wasnt the getting away with it part that had me confused...
so much as the......
you have peacocks in your back yard part....
i know people with cats,dogs,snakes, racoons, skunks, all kinds of different birds....
you are the first person i have ever seen who had peacocks....
how, why..... peacocks?!
:beerchug:
Oh, OK. 'bout 1996 went to gate to get paper, and there was a male peacock
standing there. Slowly I opened the gate stepped back and it cruised into
yard. Later that day saw a flyer on telephone pole: "missing peacock please
help" so I called number, he lived about a 1/4mile down the street, and he
chased peacock around my yard for about 1/2 hour. He gave up, and said
I could have the "SOB". He was given 2 for a gift.
A woman down the road had some peahens, I bought one for 20$, and some
one gave me another hen. The rest is history. I had a many as 25 at one time; there are some white ones in my gallery. I sold most of them and gave
a few away. My partner in crime who has a const co is trying to get a loan
to build apts on my 1.9 acres, so they are going to have to go eventually.
but loans are, right now:banghead::banghead::banghead:
They are good pets, they won't attack you like geese, they will get rid of
your cicadas, roaches, etc. and their pretty smart, not like a New Caledonian crow, but 10x smarter than the dumb birds, like the doves and
the people who knock Busa's:laugh:

what is this profanity you speak of?
hum....so in essence the bird could represent the bird, and peacock could well never mind:rulez:
btw nice birds

gonna get banned AGAIN????:please:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, OK. 'bout 1996 went to gate to get paper, and there was a male peacock
standing there. Slowly I opened the gate stepped back and it cruised into
yard. Later that day saw a flyer on telephone pole: "missing peacock please
help" so I called number, he lived about a 1/4mile down the street, and he
chased peacock around my yard for about 1/2 hour. He gave up, and said
I could have the "SOB". He was given 2 for a gift.
A woman down the road had some peahens, I bought one for 20$, and some
one gave me another hen. The rest is history. I had a many as 25 at one time; there are some white ones in my gallery. I sold most of them and gave
a few away. My partner in crime who has a const co is trying to get a loan
to build apts on my 1.9 acres, so they are going to have to go eventually.
but loans are, right now:banghead::banghead::banghead:
They are good pets, they won't attack you like geese, they will get rid of
your cicadas, roaches, etc. and their pretty smart, not like a New Caledonian crow, but 10x smarter than the dumb birds, like the doves and
the people who knock Busa's:laugh:

LOL i dont know how, but somehow that all make perfect, and reasonable sense to me....:thumbsup:

very cool...

edit: looked in your gallery at the white one.... holy smokes that is a gorgeous peacock...

what kinda setup do you need for keeping one.... do you have to worry about coyote's and bobcats.... not sure if vegas has those problems like outskirts of phoenix does...

Last edited:
:lol:

What a typical Las Vegas back yard. Barren w/ no grass, but apparently just fine for some big 'ole birds :laugh:

Better then owning a few Macaws I suppose. Your neighbors would hate you...loud suckers they are!

Whatcha got going on w/ that there ladder? Something like 40% of personal injuries on ones properties are the result of falling from a ladder :whistle:

Just sayin'

:laugh:

Last edited:
LOL i dont know how, but somehow that all make perfect, and reasonable sense to me....:thumbsup:
very cool...
edit: looked in your gallery at the white one.... holy smokes that is a gorgeous peacock...
what kinda setup do you need for keeping one.... do you have to worry about coyote's and bobcats.... not sure if vegas has those problems like outskirts of phoenix does...
I just feed them their favorite: black sunflower seeds. vacant burned out house to the east, grammarschool to the west, wall and housing proj south

:lol:

What a typical Las Vegas back yard. Barren w/ no grass, but apparently just fine for some big 'ole birds :laugh:
Better then owning a few Macaws I suppose. Your neighbors would hate you...loud suckers they are!
are they ever loud, but only in spring&summer. everybody loves birds.

Whatcha got going on w/ that there ladder? Something like 40% of personal injuries on ones properties are the result of falling from a ladder :whistle:
Just sayin'
my partner is remodeling the place, we're going to use it as an office, till
we can get a const loan.

I know in my old neighborhood a guy had a bunch of peacocks and they were the most obnoxious birds...they are so loud when they get going...all the neighborhood was up in arms over these birds. Their voices are so high note and carry considerable distances...but they are intelligent and gorgeous when they display...2hip

They like fried chicken too! I think they prefer Popeye' s but have no evidence to support this theory as I have only fed them Popeye' s chicken. :thumbsup: Those are some magnificent c.....errr......bir....ummm......fowls ya got there!

They like fried chicken too! I think they prefer Popeye' s but have no evidence to support this theory as I have only fed them Popeye' s chicken. :thumbsup: Those are some magnificent c.....errr......bir....ummm......fowls ya got there!
I heard they are great eating, never tried it. Popeye's fine with me too.:laugh:

Although rare, peacocks are a part of Florida wildlife. Everglades Holiday Park in Broward County has quite a flock(?) of these birds. There was a flock of peacocks in the City of Atlantis, FL until the powers that be decided to terminate the "aggresive" birds. Too bad.

Until this day I never knew anyone that had peacocks for pets. :thumbsup:

They like to stand around and watch when I work on the roof, bike, lawn
mower (when I had a lawn) etc. They would rather not be touched, but
they walk up to me and look into my face when they want a snack

Last edited:
Back