russian Sukhoi T-50 stealth fighter..copy of the f22raptor?

greensleeves

Registered
Looks like they stole design from the F-22 Raptor
russian stealth fighter.jpg

t-50.jpg

T-50_02-thumb.jpg

russian stealth fighter.jpg

t-50.jpg

T-50_02-thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Project 701

Looks like it is the middle of the road answer to the f22 and f35. If it is similar to their last few planes, they won't be able to afford them domestically but will sell them abroad. China has been accused of stealing some of the F35 JSF plans, but I doubt they would share that with Russia.

Reminds me of the addage that Americans overcomplicate and attempt to advance, when Russians settle for something that works. At a 35-40 million dollar cost, the plane is reasonable especially when compare to the ~120 million the F22 is (IIRC), and while technologically superior, the T 50 may very well get the job done. Not to mention we have so few F22s that really they are a moot point since no serious force of them will ever be deployed together.

Anywho, this plane looks cool but until they're in production....I'll believe it when I see it.

Other way around.
Russians have had planes like this for yrs.
They are also the first to have perfected and installed 'thrust vectoring' in their fighters.
Here are its predecessors.

Two dimension vectoring (pitch axis)

Sukhoi Su-30 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sukhoi Su-35BM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Three dimension vectoring (pitch and yaw axes)

Sukhoi Su-37 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sukhoi Su-47 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

T-50 is just another generation in a long line.
Some things they dont get enough credit for.

The only similarity it has to ours is it is a plane. It looks more like a F-14, it is big and most likely a pig compared to our craft.

Both sides copy and steal designs, truth be known we probably took more design info from the Russians over the years. I am surprised they can afford to build any new aircraft, they were having problems just finding $$ for fuel. Even resorted to selling ride alongs to raise money.

Viktor Belenko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
if you look back.....

traditionally we (USA) have been playing catch up to other world powers in the air.

WWI
WWII
Korea
Vietnam

at the onset of all the wars/conflicts, we were sending guys up in sub-par aircraft.

It is the same damn plane in my eyes!! You can get anything for the right price. It also wouldn't amaze me is our own government sold them the planes or the design to build it. :beerchug:

Its like having a Busa with a tractor motor, looks the part, but... Its got dated radar and engines. Good try Russia...

if you look back.....

traditionally we (USA) have been playing catch up to other world powers in the air.

WWI
WWII
Korea
Vietnam

at the onset of all the wars/conflicts, we were sending guys up in sub-par aircraft.

Not sure I agree w/ this, but even if it was proven correct.....our boys had the best training and the biggest kahunas! We still kicked their you-know-whats all over the sky :bowdown:

:usa:

Back