Spot or Sidewalk

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Simple question do you park your bike in a spot like a car or ride up onto the sidewalk or as close to whatever building your parking at ?

I always park mine in a spot. Try to get as close to front as poss but never felt comfy putting it right next to a fire lane or no parking sign.

Was at post office today getting a couple bubble envelopes .
I parked in a spot and as I'm walking up to front door a guy on R1 pulls right up past fire lane onto sidewalk by door and parks his bike.

Just doesn't seem right .
Where do you guys park ?
Has anyone been ticketed for doing that?
Does seem like it's kinda the norm but my luck I would come out to see Blanca swinging from a towtruck chain !

Depends where I go.... If it's a shopping center or something like that I park on the sidewalk... and yes I agree it's not right... an neither is someone opening up there door on your bike... or some person speeding in to an open space only to realize there was a motorcycle there..."whoooopps my bad let me park somewhere else now that I knocked it over". Park where you feel comfortable I'd say, don't be to hard on the guys that have a different opinion of what comfort is... The LEO an tow trucks will take care of us no worries. :laugh: But I have done that with cops right there an they have never said a word or even ticketed me for it, could be they are riders too an i just get lucky a lot.

A restaurant or a small establishment I'll try and get a parking space right in front if available. If it isn't...Ripley's going up on the sidewalk in front or to the side, but out of the way.

Like Busa1166 said, it really depends. Most of the time I'll look for a good parking space.

parking space. and park in the middle of it to avoid getting a door opened in to it. i also park it to the back of the space so that it can be seen by cars coming up so they dont think the space is open. so far so good.

Sidewalk, always. I dont park in the way of foot traffic or in firelanes ect... just out of the way where nobody in their SUV will run my bike over. If i recall correct, i read an article a few years back about McCoy motorsports leaving 3 bikes in a spot and a burger joint in FL. A women(no offense, thats just who was driving) pulled into the same spot and on top off 2 of thier show bikes, Spiderman bike was one of them. Agian, if I recall the article correctly.

I do parking space near the back so my bike is easier to see. I also look for a space with a light pole in the space or at the front so people won't try pulling foward past my bike.

parking spot, i make sure its near the end of the spot so people can see it. If im at walmart, i park next to the light pole with the area near it blocked off so people down run into it.

Is there any specific law that says bikes CANT park up on the sidewalk? I usually park in a spot, but there are times when I would rather be able to park up on the sidewalk, but I always worry about getting a ticket. ???

it depends on where i am, i will park in a regular spot only as a last resort if i am by myself

some of my favorite spots: on the end of sidewalks where it doesn't impede foot traffic or handicapped access; in the triangle at the end of rows of angled parking (usually a light post to hide behind); next to bicycle racks; concrete run-offs for the buildings gutters

basically anywhere it is going to be out of the way of customers (since i don't want them feeling free to touch her as they walk by) and not very easy for anyone to hit her by accident :beerchug:

Busaofdaknight that is my question ?
I see all over, no bicycle , no skateboards but never do not park motorcycles here signs ?
I would like to pull up like I owned the place and park right there but I keep seeing an angry Sheriff yelling at me about how stupid I am in my mind ?

A restaurant or a small establishment I'll try and get a parking space right in front if available. If it isn't...Ripley's going up on the sidewalk in front or to the side, but out of the way.

Like Busa1166 said, it really depends. Most of the time I'll look for a good parking space.

+alot! 7TH day after i bought the vtx some old man in a pick up knocked it over in a parking lot. check from the insur was $2500.

some places have areas that look just ideal for bike parking... no one walks there (does not go anywhere) and it has a "ramp"

heck why not? :whistle:

80% of the time i will park in a parking space.... making sure that i leave a space for other riders to pull in..

Here in iowa, communal parking is just the way it is... share spaces, etc..

Parallel parking, sometimes i will slide in between two cars.... other times i pull in with another bike... in either case... if i share a slot, i ALWAYS plug the meter extra as an extra courtesy...

i've never parked on a sidewalk, but i have certainly used other places that werent exactly parking spots...

i mostly park on the sidewalk or somewhere right by the entrance. ive done it a few times while a leo was sittin right there, and he never acted like he cared. i did feel alittle nervouse with him there, though.

I guess another question that goes along with this is has anyone actually ever gotten a parking ticket on a motorcycle? I mean, its not like there is a wiper that the ticket could be stuck under. How would they leave one on a bike without it getting "blown" off by the wind? :whistle:

For me it all depends on where I am going. Most places here in Arizona allow you to park up on the sidewalks. There are also a lot of places that have dedicated parking areas for motorcycles. A lot of these places out here are beginning to understand how easy it is to steal a bike and want to help us riders out by giving us a place to park up front or by letting us park on the sidewalk.

I guess another question that goes along with this is has anyone actually ever gotten a parking ticket on a motorcycle? I mean, its not like there is a wiper that the ticket could be stuck under. How would they leave one on a bike without it getting "blown" off by the wind? :whistle:

I don't think they really care weather or not you get to see it, doesn't really matter one it's issued it's yours :laugh: The way it works here if you got any unpaid parking tickets no tag renewal for you.

Back