Taurus - The Judge Pistol

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone here have one of these? I am looking at the Public Defender in the 2.5" chamber and the 3" Mag Version in the Stainless. I would welcome any comments on the two.

Most that I have talked to about the guns have had favorable comments.

Got an Ultralite, havn't had a chance to fire it, very popular, and selling a lot of them
in vegas. fires 410 shot/slugs. and 45 long colt. Most I know load 1st with shot, then
rest in 45 LC. 410 slugs higher velocity, 'bout 1400. but 45 LC better for up close and
personal:laugh:

My bro had one, and when I was shooting it within 20-25 yards, the 410 was ok for plinking at water jugs and scrap wood... But the 45 colt SUCKED! I'm not the greatest shot, but I'm decent. On my old Ruger P89 I could hold a 4-5 in group at 25 yards. The 45 colt with that range was maybe a 8 in... I couldn't tell, as all the shots weren't even close to the scrap 2x4 we shot at. It was sad. It's a cool toy, but I wouldn't trust it for defense, as I've also read problems with penetration from the 410 at close range.

Oh well, guess It would be good for snakes and fun to shoot clay pigeons.

I've thought on and off about getting one, but just can't justify it. What do you want to use it for? It's a neat idea, but wouldn't be very high on my list as a defensive weapon.

A fellow officer bought the Judge recently. He LOVES it!!!! I think it's funny how Taurus circumvented laws concerning sawed off shotguns by using rifled barrels. :D

Daniel, that settles it. You buy one and I'll try it out for you. :laugh:

I just bought a Mossberg Predator Shotgun and really enjoy shooting it. I have always had pistols and really like my new shotgun...so I would think a pistol shotgun would be great? I am not sure about the reviews on the gun. I have a carry pistol, so I am not looking to replace it, just thought the Judge would be a good time at the range.

Love the Judge Public Defender (bobbed hammer), one of the best toys in the safe. I regretted it at first but after shooting it and playing with different loads I love it. My wife even feels comfortable with it and carries it when she feels the need. My dad keeps his in the windshield bag on his HD...they had a friend get jacked by gun about a year ago.

Its not a piece I carry for my off duty...Kimbers or Glocks are my choice there.

If you can find one for a decent price...pick it up. If you dont like it and treat it well, can always sell it for what you paid. Its a 10 wk/+ wait list here for any Judge here...

Special ammo is being made for the Judge, going to get some, and test myself.

My mom got one to shoot rabbits and squirrels that get in the garden... It was a huge step up from the pellet gun she was using... She sneaks up on them in the electric golf cart then BAM....

When she had the BB gun it was cute, now we are getting a little concerned, it sounds like Berlin in 1944 outside....

My mom got one to shoot rabbits and squirrels that get in the garden... It was a huge step up from the pellet gun she was using... She sneaks up on them in the electric golf cart then BAM....

When she had the BB gun it was cute, now we are getting a little concerned, it sounds like Berlin in 1944 outside....

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits :laugh:

I have rented the bigger version of the 2 when I have gone to the range and love it. Would like to get one of my own, but my brother is a cop and his department is buying all new AR's and they are allowing the officers and family to buy the used ones. I do love my brother for being a cop!!

Back