Who Owns a Toyota?

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
So, I'm in the process of dealing with my local Toyota dealer to trade my Nissan Titan for a New Tundra. Then...recall from Toyota and can't buy the Tundra. So, now I'm just interested if anyone else out there might be effected? My wife says to wait--she feels that Toyota will be offering HUGE rebates once they start selling again. Whatca think?

I have 2, an 06 and an 09. Before that I had an 03, 130,000 miles and not even a lightbulb.

I do think the previous generation was better built though, than the new one, however no issues.

Gas pedal getting stuck on the floor mat and a re-call. At least they are taking care of it responsibly.

Had a '92 truck and now have an '06 Tacoma. Great vehicles. :thumbsup:

I have 2, an 06 and an 09. Before that I had an 03, 130,000 miles and not even a lightbulb.

I do think the previous generation was better built though, than the new one, however no issues.

Gas pedal getting stuck on the floor mat and a re-call. At least they are taking care of it responsibly.

I have a '04 tundra-to date, best vehical I've ever had:thumbsup:

I have a 1988 pickup that's been in the family since new.

Repairs include:

Expensive $100 detent cable that goes from the throttle body to the transmission.

New windshield washer pump motor for $15.

That would be it.

I have to admit that rust is taking its toll on the bed. Thought about replacing the bed with a fiberglass one but that's $2,000+ into a 22 year old vehicle. Will most likely get rid of it in the spring but I'm sure it'll feel like getting rid of an old faithful dog.

I'm in the same boat as the original OP. My lease expires on my 07 Tundra next month so I started the trade in process a little early. I worked out the trade in value, the cost of the new vehicle, and financing. The day I go to take delivery of the 2010 Tundra they issue the stop sales. So now my dealer is saying it will be at least two weeks before my new Tundra is ready. :banghead::laugh:

Don't forget....

Frame strength:
- Ford F150 vs Toyota Tundra - Frame Strength[/url]

Bed bounce:
- Ford F150 vs Chevy vs Toyota - Bed Bounce[/url]

Bolt size:
- Ford F150 vs Chevy vs Toyota - Bolt Size[/url]

Tow hooks:
- Ford F150 vs Toyota Tundra - Tow Hooks[/url]

Don't get me wrong, if you want something to drive around with the wife in the Tundra is great. If you plan on actually pulling and using the truck for more than that I'd look at something else... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
If fuel mileage is an issue for you, check the Toyota close. A friend of mine sold his due to low mileage - 12MPG. Ouch!

the videos are very good, I was wondering why dodge went to rear coil springs. Thought it was a good idea for a more car like ride. Not good for a work truck.

I use my 07 to tow a 8000 pound trailer from Florida to Las Vegas and didn't have one problem. However, as mentioned above the MPG were awful Between 9 and 12. I don't think any truck would get great gas mileage towing a trailer. Normal driving I get 16 though and highway I get 21.

I looked at the 2010 Ford F-150 and the Silverado and neither one of them had the finish of the Toyota. Also, the F-150 was a 2 grand more than the similarly equipped Tundra.

If you are towing that kind of weight regularly, you should of looked at a F250 with the DIESEL... ;)

No gas truck is going to get good mileage towing... :(

My '06 F350 Diesel gets 14 mpg city and 18 mpg Highway. Towing I get 14 mpg...8,000 lbs. It is a Dually standard 8ft. bed. Last week, I went over the scales at the city dump @ 34,000 lbs. Yes, I felt it. Yes, the brakes stopped it without a hint of drama. It is a 6-speed stick. Built Ford Tuff.

The new F150 is a great truck..................Give it a look.
Remember, Ford didn't take our tax money....................

Back