Why no one invades Switzerland and why they have such a low crime rate

Easily defendable natural boundries(Mountains)

Cold=Less Crime, people stay inside and find other things to do ;)

Disclaimer:
Not all my opinions are based in fact ;)

US gun ownership is 90 firearms to 100 citizens # 1
Switzerland is 46 to 100 #3
Yemen is 2nd with 61 to 100

I do like the free ammo idea:laugh:

Am I the only one who heard the second sentence: "Basic military training is mandatory for all young men"? I'm all for keeping guns around, but I really think we need to teach (some) people how and when to use them.....

US gun ownership is 90 firearms to 100 citizens # 1
Switzerland is 46 to 100 #3
Yemen is 2nd with 61 to 100

I do like the free ammo idea:laugh:
True however US does not give us guns to keep and train us how to use them.

Am I the only one who heard the second sentence: "Basic military training is mandatory for all young men"? I'm all for keeping guns around, but I really think we need to teach (some) people how and when to use them.....

The video was blocked by our security software, sorry had to speculate

Basically, training and guns are provided to young men and they keep their weapons at home. In the event of an attack, a formidible army could be created in just 48 hours. I think they gun they use now is a Sig 40.

Basically, training and guns are provided to young men and they keep their weapons at home. In the event of an attack, a formidible army could be created in just 48 hours. I think they gun they use now is a Sig 40.

Thanks!

Can't see it on my iPod but I agree with some of the comments. Using a weapon requires continual skill development. It is not unlike riding a motorcycle. If you can't ride in the winter come spring you are rusty. Continual riding makes you better as well as refresher training. Shooting skill are exactly the same.

Not only do they keep weapon at home but when their mandatory service is over the weapon becomes their own personal possession. Also some are trained with and given Anti personel cannons as well AA guns. I have read and seen several things where the same family has lived in the same home for like 100 yrs. They still had the grandfathers gun, the fathers gun, and now the sons gun. All in a simple wood cabinet downstairs.
The last two were select fire one was a Sig AMT and the other was a newer version of the 550. As you say they had BuKu ammo as well.....A little cold for this Florida boy though !

It goes on to discuss that the government basically sponsors shooting events and provides free ammo for the participants which keeps their accuracy skills honed.

It goes on to discuss that the government basically sponsors shooting events and provides free ammo for the participants which keeps their accuracy skills honed.

I heard our Government is going to do the same :whistle:

:laugh::laugh: :rofl::rofl:

Switzerland also has mandatory health care insurance.:whistle:

but they also pay for ammo:laugh: their speed limits are some of the most strictly enforced in the world.

Without seeing if it said...but I believe it is 50 rounds of ammo that gets inspected to assure it has not been misused.

I have more than 50 rounds:whistle:

Back