Gravity Waves

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
I have been using (3) different Physicists as my "Science sanity check" on my Ghost Physics book.

Anyway, a VCU Physicist I met with last week worked with Physicist Joseph Weber. Weber developed an Antenna to detect "Gravity Waves". Einstein predicted gravity waves should exist. The antenna was pointed at the center of the milky way and it "seemed" to work. The Professor I met with witnessed what "seemed" like good evidence.

The experiment was never sucessfully validated and even more sophisticated equipment still cannot detect gravity waves.

I thought this might be of interest to some, here is a link to the Weber bar(antenna):

Weber bar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gravity is known to propegate at the speed of light, so, we see the light from the sun(where it was 8 minutes ago) and we feel the pull from it's gravity(where it was 8 minutes ago).

Science can be Vexing..........................

Hey Robot :)
you ever get the feeling we know so little about the basics of physics? Then they start talking about space bubbles, different sets of laws for physics in different dimensions...

I like the parallel universe theory's myself.. (mulitiverse?)

So what is the story on the Ghost physics book?

got a story about that one... :whistle:

Hey Robot :)
you ever get the feeling we know so little about the basics of physics? Then they start talking about space bubbles, different sets of laws for physics in different dimensions...

I like the parallel universe theory's myself.. (mulitiverse?)

So what is the story on the Ghost physics book?

got a story about that one... :whistle:

In fact, we do "know" so little, the more we learn the less we "know". Most Physics models are useful but don't actually represent "reality". Reality itself is very very subjective on the quantum scale.

For example, I lose my self winding watch while hiking in the amazon. A group of natives later find my watch. The natives have never seen a watch before, and they try to explain the "mechanism" at work. The head Shaman says, "there is a tiny demon inside, this is what causes the parts(hands) to move. Occasionally the Demon falls asleep, he must be awakened by shaking the watch. Often the Demon puts the hands together when the sun is directly overhead.

The Natives model works and is useful. Some modern Physics Models are very useful, but not much more "real" than what the natives came up with.

The good news is, useful models get us to Mars, and allow us to make all sorts or neat gadgets.

Space Bubbles, String Theory, etc, etc, are all Models, My personal opinion is we focus too much on these warm,fuzzy,cute, interesting, self gratifying models that sell Magazines and Discovery Channel Science shows.

My personal experience is, when you sit down with a Physicist and talk about these models, the conversation doesnt go on very long before higher level equations need to be discussed. Math is the language of Science and Engineering, the BEST description of what "appears" to be going on is MATH DRIVEN.

Now to be confusing and contradict myself, Richard Feynman is my all time favorite Physicist, he had a gift for taking the complicated and making it very simple. He took Quantum Electrodynamics and greatly simplified it, so simple that when Bohr looked at it, he called Feynman an idiot.

Well, time has made the "idiot" Feynman's QED interpretation one of the most beautiful models in Physics, relatively simple, yet highly functional. Is his model "real", I think Feynman agreed "NO", but never the less, it works!

Math is often the best description we have, HOWEVER, Never let someone point to an equation and say "the proof is here!". All equations ASSUME a representation of reality. They are NOT the "actual" reality. I would like to meet the Evil Mr. Spock in the alternate time line ;)

Sorry if I confused you more than ever............................Now for some Ghost talk.

Obviously I love Physics. I have had several Paranormal Experiences, which defy any known explanation.

I grew up in a "Haunted" house. My father owned a resistor manufacturing business, he designed and constructed all his automation. In the early 70's he constructed an alarm for our house, it was a very large house 5000 sq feet.

Anyway, we would often go out for dinner, he would methodically turn lights on througout the house, so it it would not be dark when we came home. Then he would set the alarm.

Routinely, all lights would be out when we returned(no he didnt forget), and the alarm still set. My 6th birthday party was interupted when the noise of furniture moving in the attic drown out the noise of my party. Investigation showed nothing moved.

I have a couple other examples that defy my explanation. My experience is "at least in private conversation" the more Scientificly Educated a person, the more open they are to Paranormal Possibilities.

"Hauntings" are dismissed by many and obvious to others. What better challenge than an oxymoron like "Ghost Physics"

I like a challenge ;)

Last edited:
Back