How would you like to be the woman who tripped and ripped a Picasso ?

Like Laurel and Hardy, If you're going to perform a prattfall,
take something valuable out.:laugh:

wow, how would you like to be the clown that set up the exhibit so that could happen in the first place... wow... unemployment time..

Figured that kind of stuff would be safe from that or some yo yo with a spray can or razor... amazing...

they have those things insured, im sure she will not have to pay a dime...

She will probably sue them because the 300 yr old ink gave her an infection in the paper cut she got....
Afterward she will be new owner of Museum...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

130million?? I dont care who painted it, 130million for 1 painting and theres ppl out there living on steam vents. something wrong there:poke:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pablo would probably just say "Meh, I'll make another."

:rofl:

130million?? I dont care who painted it, 130million for 1 painting and theres ppl out there living on steam vents. something wrong there:poke:

Yeah...they should have learned to paint. :laugh:

wow, how would you like to be the clown that set up the exhibit so that could happen in the first place... wow... unemployment time..

Figured that kind of stuff would be safe from that or some yo yo with a spray can or razor... amazing...

The individual probably will keep his job, BECAUSE he doesnt make a whole lot of money, on the other hand his boss may lose his because they MAY not be able to afford to keep him.

It is sad in a way. Bill gates could sneeze that and not even miss it.
Others as mentioned living in poverty.

Master's art pieces are so valuable because only a handful of people in the last 600-800 years have been able to make them of that quality...people in the art world were probably puking when this news landed. I have spent months of my life in Europe looking at the best there is. If you ever have a chance to visit a real art exhibit with the masters paintings don't miss out on it. It's like trying to express to someone what we feel about a Moto GP race...and trying to get someone who hasn't experienced a Monet, Van Gogh, Rembrandt, or Da Vinci...there is no way to articulate it..there is no common knowledge that can bridge the gap...The saddest part of this is it didn't need to happen. Most highly valued art is protected either by shields or at least a physical barrier...and "minders"...people who stand very close to the art. They will repair it I guarantee you...only the very trained eye will be able to see the blemish when they are done with it...but the damage is done and devalued the piece...2hip

Master's art pieces are so valuable because only a handful of people in the last 600-800 years have been able to make them of that quality...people in the art world were probably puking when this news landed. I have spent months of my life in Europe looking at the best there is. If you ever have a chance to visit a real art exhibit with the masters paintings don't miss out on it.

Exactly. I don't have an art background or any training in it, but when one sees a true masterpiece by a truly gifted artist, it's pretty much indescribable. The few Picasso's I've seen are awe-inspiring.

Of course, $130 million is an obscene amount of money for any object, and I'm not justifying the price tag, but this painting could never be replaced. The artist has died and any sort of replica would fall far short of the original.

I would imagine that there's something in everyone's life that takes their breath away...be it nature, skill, athletics, "art" or machine. Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder, and when something truly beautiful is damaged or destroyed by accident, carelessness or malice, it can be heartbreaking.

2hip, I have the Salvador Dali museum near me and some people recommended I go to it. I was saying I didn't think I liked his art, but they said it was awesome to see. Do you think I should go? Maybe take the wife and check it out? My wife likes art but in 28 years of marriage she has never been to see any. Once we got married, I killed of her art stuff by being a typical American. She has been to Dennis Andersons shop for Grave Digger, she has stood and talked with Don Garlits, seen all types of airshows (even invite only ones), shot guns, snowmobiled, watched pulling tractors, jet cars, jet trucks, jet tractors and been in the Pentagon with her picture taken at the podium where all the news is given to the news agencies. All this, but never to any art......am I a jerk?

she wont have to pay, i guarantee it, those painting are always covered by insurance, if anything they would get more $ from the ins co then what they paid for it

She will probably sue them because the 300 yr old ink gave her an infection in the paper cut she got....
Afterward she will be new owner of Museum...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That sounds like the legal part of the American way. My blood still boils when I think of the guy that broke into a mans home then sued him when he fell an tripped trying to get out of the house. Home insurance paid him 75 K. Now hat kind of deterrent to home invasion is that. :banghead:

Back