Another one bites the dust!

B@DA$$08BUS@

Donating Member
Registered
I was returning from vacation today, to step one foot off the plane to get a phone call from one of the owners of the company I work for , that I no longer had a job.
Well the story goes, our sales have been down 15.6 percent (average) under last year, which was up 23.2 percent from year before. So me being the highest paid individual in the company they can not afford to keep me.
Jon(one of owners) then says "Hey by the way when you get home and unpacked can you come by my office so we can talk about this further "Sure, I will be there in about 3.5 hours". After a more in depth discussion at his office he proceeds to ask me if he could call me if he had questions on the operations of the store! hmmmmmmmmm sure you can, I will try and get around to the phone if you call. (who works like that)
I am not upset in the least, as I was planning my out very shortly anyway. Just venting on peoples STUPIDITY.

:cookoo:
I was returning from vacation today, to step one foot off the plane to get a phone call from one of the owners of the company I work for , that I no longer had a job.
Well the story goes, our sales have been down 15.6 percent (average) under last year, which was up 23.2 percent from year before. So me being the highest paid individual in the company they can not afford to keep me.
Jon(one of owners) then says "Hey by the way when you get home and unpacked can you come by my office so we can talk about this further "Sure, I will be there in about 3.5 hours". After a more in depth discussion at his office he proceeds to ask me if he could call me if he had questions on the operations of the store! hmmmmmmmmm sure you can, I will try and get around to the phone if you call. (who works like that)
I am not upset in the least, as I was planning my out very shortly anyway. Just venting on peoples STUPIDITY.

Vent away my man, you've joined amongst the ranks of many of us now.....sorry to hear this. The exact same BS reason was given to me when I was let go from my last job. I'm the highest earner on the sales team, which equals I get a larger check each month then most...so you let me go!? :banghead:
Who's laughing now as the company is struggling to keep their head above water :tongue2:

Unless you really need them as a future referral....I'd never answer that phone if they called me.

The friggin' nerve

:cookoo:

Vent away my man, you've joined amongst the ranks of many of us now.....sorry to hear this. The exact same BS reason was given to me when I was let go from my last job. I'm the highest earner on the sales team, which equals I get a larger check each month then most...so you let me go!? :banghead:
Who's laughing now as the company is struggling to keep their head above water :tongue2:

Unless you really need them as a future referral....I'd never answer that phone if they called me.

The friggin' nerve

I will let them leave a voice mail and then call them back in a couple 3 or 10 days.

lol, gotta love that. o well, time to draw unemployment and extend your vacation.

Hope things work out for you, Jason.

Thank you. Thankfully the wifeeeee is wonderful and has a great paying job till I get things figured out. Fortunately(and unfortunately) there are always going to be people who need divorces and that are filing bankruptcy(as the economy is poopy) so she has job security. Now I will be able to get that island finished of which she has been nagging me about for several months.

lol, gotta love that. o well, time to draw unemployment and extend your vacation.

Ha, spineless people yep! :laugh: BTW, he even had his wife come up to the office to hold his hand, not even the other co-owner. Weak, but funny!

The call for your help... " Hi jason, Hope things are well, Say, How do you make customers buy more?" Jason-" You Scream obsenities at them and call them names":laugh:

Your probly better not working for this kind of person anyway

WOW.... It's no wonder most companies don't make it... They let go of the most talented people in the company, thinking that is going to save them $$$.. :banghead: Good luck man, sounds like you have things pretty well dialed in...:beerchug:

Sorry to hear man! Hope something works out for you soon!

when they call you.... tell them to talk to your friends, Click and Buzz.

:rofl::rofl:

Sorry to hear about the news. I was actually thinking about not working 90 hours a week anymore to only bring home 5% of what I actually generate in sales @ service yearly. I got on Careerbuilders.com and sent out a few resume's. There are a ton of jobs paying above 100K for marketing and sales Directors and VP's of operations, sounds like you have the numbers to back it up. Got a call on my way to my son's birthday party, Saturday...with an amazing offer. Decisions.............

Will give you a ring mid-week. :beerchug: Think positive it will all work out. :beerchug:

Last edited:

Really, not a problem. You are now an independent contractor. When you answer the phone..."Good Morning, BAB Contracting" And proceed to tell them your fees are $45.00 per hour with a 2 hour minimum. See how many times they call back.

Really, not a problem. You are now an independent contractor. When you answer the phone..."Good Morning, BAB Contracting" And proceed to tell them your fees are $45.00 per hour with a 2 hour minimum. See how many times they call back.

I definitely agree, but consulting fees are usually at least $200 an hour with a minimum of 2 hours. You could make a good bit of money there.:thumbsup:

Back