Fire extingushers

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
I am picking some of these up next week. Not something you like to think about, "Fire" in the garage, kitchen, house.
These are pretty incredible. Check out the videos.
If you have ever had to clean up dry chemical powder, enough said.
This chemical is "green" no bio hazard, non-toxic and easily cleaned up.
How many family members know where the fire extinguisher in your home is located?
I eventually want to purchase the rechargeable ones. All you have to do is add the chemical and water, air it up and it is good to go. No certification needed.
The race car fire is pretty incredible. But video 9 is wild, sprays his arm and then puts a torch to it.

Cold Fire Law Enforcement - Fire Extinguishers and Suppressants for Police Departments

Last edited:
Local rep, I met him at work. If you want, I can ask him the best way to purchase, might be available online from their web site.

hmm that would appear to be the stuff that replaced the "Halon" units in funny cars...

halon is nasty..i saw a guy cut a wire in a restaurant kitchen one time and the halon system went off....30k later they re-opened

Rest......... They should not be using Halon systems, due to the safety factor. Some still use halon due to they were grandfathered in. There are all kinds of options you can use now adays. They use halatron in place of halon. They also use CO2 systems as well. If you want to learn more about fire protection. Go to Koorsen Fire & Security :: Home they have everything u could ever want.

how would halon cause so much damage to a eatery? it is just a type of "freon" we had a number of discharges over the years in the funnycar.. just a bunch of gas escaping.. big problem is humans can not exist in the same place at the same time (no oxygen)... I think most data centers used it until the banning of freon came around.. (no damage to electronic equipment on discharge)

They're based about 10 - 15 mins from where I work...

how would halon cause so much damage to a eatery? it is just a type of "freon" we had a number of discharges over the years in the funnycar.. just a bunch of gas escaping.. big problem is humans can not exist in the same place at the same time (no oxygen)... I think most data centers used it until the banning of freon came around.. (no damage to electronic equipment on discharge)

May have been the cost of having the system recharged and all the food would be wasted. Maybe more things have to be trashed in a restaurant in order to satisfy the health department.

Halon is corrosive. That is why the military uses it in helo still.

halon is nasty..i saw a guy cut a wire in a restaurant kitchen one time and the halon system went off....30k later they re-opened

Not that it matters because the stuff has been outlawed for some time now, but it was an extremely clean and effective agent. The complaint was it depleted the ozone even though it could never reach the ozone...... used in high value computer rooms, etc. very clean and no affect on humans.........

The stuff use to be fairly cheap, but after being outlawed the government developed a repository and the cost went through the roof because you couldn't get it. No new systems in over a decade here in the states. Clean agents like FM200, Energen, etc. replaced it. 30K would buy a lot of Halon.

Last edited:
Rest......... They should not be using Halon systems, due to the safety factor. Some still use halon due to they were grandfathered in. There are all kinds of options you can use now adays. They use halatron in place of halon. They also use CO2 systems as well. If you want to learn more about fire protection. Go to Koorsen Fire & Security :: Home they have everything u could ever want.

CO2 is extremely clean and effective, but works by displacing oxygen, which is something very important to humans.

Halon does not displace oxygen, it interupts the chemical reaction that produces fire. It was a perfect agent until the EPA thought differently. Other countries still use it last I heard.

Yes, data processing centers as well as telephone buildings, etc. used it.

Halon is corrosive. That is why the military uses it in helo still.

Only when moisture content is very high in the air, and then not all that much. Bromide and water don't mix well. Used for decades in high value electronics areas.................

Halon does not
displace oxygen ,
it interrupts the
chemical reaction

that produces fire .

It was a perfect agent until
the EPA thought differently .

Other countries still
use it last I heard .

Yes ,
data processing
centers as well