Calling on everyones help

ditchdr

Registered
SO I want Jake to get into motorcross racing. I did it growing up and loved it. Jake would love it, I would really enjoy it, and it would be a good family thing for us.

Only problem is Jessica says NO. only reason she gives me is she dones not want her kid on a dirt bike. Never mind that we both ride.. So give me some ideas on how we ( by we I mean Jake and I ) can make this happen.

I think you'll have to find out more from your wife to find out whey she says "she doesn't want HER kid on a dirt bike". Would she allow him to play football? Race go-karts? Maybe once you find out her reasoning you'll be able to calm her fears. :dunno:

Oh yeah she said foot ball, scooer, base ball all this fine.. I told her they wear more saftey gear racing motorcross. But she dont listen

Probebly the same reason I fear for any of my family members riding a motorcycle. When Im on a bike, I know I have control over it and I believe im a much safer rider, where if anyone else jumps on a bike, I become very concerned because I dont have control of what could happen. If your looking for a good family thing to do with racing, I would try Kartracing. It has a Huge family atmosphere to it.

Good luck with whatever you guys come to an agreement with.

That is a tuff one..

Think that should have been caught in the screening process....:laugh:

Maybe a quad to start.??

Geez guy..

MAN LAW #18
Tis always easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission...

in light of the fact you already screwed that up....

A dirt bike is the best leverage you could imagine to help a kid stay on the straight and narrow as well as get good grades... No grades? no ride...

tell her Travis pastrana was a signed millionaire at the age of 8...and u want to retire

Wish I could help ya...got my sons in to dirt bikes at age 3 and 5...

After our first and only trip to a true track, I realized how much I don't want them riding 'em. We had all the gear, they both could ride very well, but one always rode like he just crashed and the other rode like he never crashed. It got too scary for me to watch, so they are now in to go-carts.

It's tough when it's your child. I truly thought I'd love my kids getting in to riding, but I changed my mind after about 4 years of 'em on their Hondas...

Track racing isn't for the weak of heart, that's for sure. I enjoy my CR500 immensely, but the few times I've went to a real track I've seen multiple people leave in an ambulance. People very rarely get killed, but it does happen. I can understand your wife's apprehension.

Maybe convince her to let your son get one, for trail riding only at first?

here is a nice one to start with if interested let me know if i could help:whistle::whistle:

pics oof jet ski and dirt bike 011.jpg

I have a pit bike that is not being used, if you are interested.
Bubba

Back