Life is good, life is very good …………..but not always what is seems

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
I have always tried to post about the positive aspects of my life and not dwell on the other things that are playing out in the background.

Well I just want people to know that it can be raining even when the sun is shining.

Here are just a few things that have been playing around all the good things in my life.

This year has proven to be one of the most stressful ones I have ever experienced in my job. I have been doing this for over 20+ years and just when you think you have it nailed, new technology and changes in the industry make you relearn everything you once thought you know so well. With the slow down in the economy, we have also had to take work where we could find it, and it is now coming to fruition and proving to be non profitable. Although we can do the work, it is not our forte and we are struggling through this transition. I have also gone through more audits this year then in the past 10 combined. Very high stress, but i still have a job.:thumbsup:

Our children are struggling to make ends meet and Mommy and Daddy have taken the “Tough Loveâ€￾ road, and this is very hard to do. I love my kids more than anything and have always tried to protect them to a fault. They are older now and I must let them fly on their own. Hard on a parent, but must be done.

We spent many $$’s to have our house remodeled only to find out the contractors cheapened on everything and is now looking like a five year fix up job rather than a real remodel that would last a while.
Our hot water heater already needs replacing because of the shoddy installation, it is only 3 yrs old, and we have not had hot water for four days and it will not be replaced for another two. Yeah I am stinking up the joint as I type :laugh:

The last news is the worst. My mom is now having heart complications after her quadruple bypass and we are just now finding out that her bypass only fixed the plumbing, but the pump is still bad. The doctors told her 1 to 5 years, that was six months ago and we are just now hearing about this, mom did not want us to know. She spared us the details.

My mom is someone that not one person that I know has ever had a bad word to say about her. She was a dedicated wife for 49 years (before my dad passed) and a wonderful mother to this day.
She is a true southern woman that took care of the house and meals with nary a word of complaint in the tasks. She is an artist in the kitchen and can cook a mean Cajun dinner or any number of other meals with her taste buds tied behind her back.
She is always smiling and laughing no matter what life is tossing at her, even in the hospital she was making jokes about the tubes and wires and that were coming in and out of her.
She has taken care of so many in her life, and never been able to allow herself to be taken care of. She took care of my dad in his last year, and her new husband who has MS and needs full time care. This is proving to be too hard for her to slow down and take care of herself. She has asthma, Diabetes, and congestive heart failure. And has had these for many years.

So I ask humbly of you to please take a moment and hug your mom or dad and realize what they have done for you and a little prayer for them as they have surely earned it.

I pray for my mother to have a miraculous healing and many more years on this earth.

She would never complain about what she considered a good life lived, she would only ask that I recognize that it is only the good things that we should keep in our memories
Thanks for the ear,
Bubba

Really
+1 on Blownws6's comment

I love my mom and am happy she lives close enough for me to see regularly.
Prayers are with you , yours and her..

Nice post Bubba.
I miss my parents...I'm not ashamed to say they are my best friends. I could only hope to one day have & share the kind of love they have for each other. However we rarely vocally share our love for one another. :down: Just one of those things I suppose that is known w/ out saying words. I need to change that however.

Sun through the rain is the way I want to view it.....I plan on making 2010 a complete 180 from the horrible year that was .....2009

Last edited:
Sometimes one just can't find the words to adequately express the deep empathy. I can
only pray in my inner soul for you, brother.

All I can say is....thank god the VENT was open.
And I only read the first 3 lines.

RSD.

Bubba, sounds like your Mother is a wise woman. Focus on the positive and enjoy everyday. Eventually, we all have to move on. Until then, focus on all the good things that are on the table. Sending prayers and positive thoughts.

Al

Wow Bubba,

My prayers for your Mother.

Thank god we can get out and ride, and get our mind off what life throws at us for a little while.

It was great seeing you today. Let me know if you want an ear, or to grab a beer.

Thanks for posting, Makes us all think what we have and can loose so easily, is more important than what we need or want. Best wishes to you and your family.

Back