Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale on Speedvision

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Anybody else but me watching this.
This is how I feel when I see these cars....

OOOH YES , ONE DAY I WILL OWN YOU !
waynes-world-fender-stratocaster-ex.jpg

$370,000 US Dollars for 1963 Shelby Cobra
$225,000 US Dollars for 19:whistle: Shelby GT350 Mustang (forgot yr)

Thats some serious money.

Carrol Shelby is up there now live.
He says "It's a shame cuz we could'nt give them away back then at $3900 ! "

I could watch this for hours...

Yes the 2011 Carrol Shelby Stang that is.
It went for only 300K !!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how much that works out to be monthly at 6.9% interest....:rofl:

Yes the 2011 Carrol Shelby Stang that is.
It went for only 300K !!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how much that works out to be monthly at 6.9% interest....:rofl:

I was talking about the daytona car, That is going to be a factory ford car with the 5.0 modular engine. From what I've researched, it makes 400 hp. but yeah, if I hit the lotto, the shelby will work for sure. lol.

There is definitely some money still left out there for people to spend.

Now only if I could find some...

Yes def the new Stang will be sweet. Add intercooled supercharger at 12psi and get 550hp easy. Sick. Bet it comes with a seven speed.

Playmate of the yr from 1998 just sold her car.
It was a Shelby R1 or something. wasnt concentrating on the car..:laugh:
She asked only that the new owner allow her visitation rights...!

Yes def the new Stang will be sweet. Add intercooled supercharger at 12psi and get 550hp easy. Sick. Bet it comes with a seven speed.

Playmate of the yr from 1998 just sold her car.
It was a Shelby R1 or something. wasnt concentrating on the car..:laugh:
She asked only that the new owner allow her visitation rights...!

I just saw that, Shelby Series 1, didnt ever sell very well, Oldsmobile Aurora V8 in it never helped. The former owner of that car bumped up the value considerably:whistle:

Apparently 12 years of marketability is the shelf life on a Playboy Bunny and then they have to start selling their toys.

The simple answer is, B-J has been running a very poor course for a very long time.... Craig Jackson last year had more pissed off people than ever....

He's trying so hard to market his brand that hes sacrificing the people bringing in cars to do it....

If you look at the the amount of cars he sold over the past few years.. you'll see a few different things...

1) the numbers of cars he has had in total went up
2) the quality of the cars has gone remarkably down
3) the selling values of these cars is also going down
4) they no longer can promisse the prices they once sold for

For christ sake, a Saturday car (friday and saturday being the two prime days, saturday the KEY day) was a volkswagen sirroco.... they couldnt get a bid on the car it was so bad...

If you look at the top sellers, year after year after year, there have been fewer and fewer million dollar cars... and the ones which are going for over a million are ALMOST ALWAYS now charity cars bought by the likes of ressler and company...

Russo-Steele which occurs accross the road, has benefited greatly from this... The number of cars they have been getting has gone through the roof...

Russo and Steele have reserve bidding, and generally significantly better operations...

I speak to all of this as an insider to the process, my family sells vehicles through BJ scottsdale, having had numerous cars in the "big tent" where the premier "million dollar cars" are held in waiting for inspection..

The fact of the matter is, craig jackson has gotten to big for his own good in making a brand at the cost of quality... After all, who wouldnt want a BJ wife beater, hoodie, coffe cup, and BJ Mustang GT(bargain basement pricing cause they couldnt sell any)

Last edited:
Back