Interesting thought from a professional stunter

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I had an interesting conversation with Kyle Wood today. Kyle is a professional stunter who lives in Florida and makes his living mostly on one wheel. If you have watched more than one stunt dvd you are most likely familiar with Kyle Wood. Kyle has also been in numerous motorcycle movie scenes.

Kyle is coming up for a visit this summer to attend a few track days and as he puts it, learn how to "Go Fast"!

Now to my point. During our conversation I made the statement he had to be a little on the goofy side to ride all those crazy stunts that he makes look so easy. He replied, "Well, us stunters think you guys that go flying around corners dragging a knee at triple digit speeds are just as crazy as you guys think we are"!

I found this quite amusing. Especially, knowing how many of you feel about stunting and thought I'd share his comment with you guys. So keep in mind the next time you see some guy on one wheel thinking "What an idiot", he is probably thinking the same thing about you. :whistle:

Last edited:
:rofl: but where is the video of one of us falling off the seat of the bike (standing up) in shorts and a tshirt in front of a truck going down the freeway?? :rofl:

you wheelie guys are all alike... :laugh: (crazy)

is this going to be his first track day? (I got bets he picks it up pretty quick)

Interesting timing, a guy at work was looking at the videos and the twisties, racing (on Isle of Man) and he is a dirt bike racer.
He said what I do is the most dangerous thing and could not believe I actually do it Rain or Shine.

DRIVING ON THE FREEWAYS IN LA.
No kidding, he thinks I am crazy and stupid for doing this, I do tend to agree on days like today.
Its all in how you look at it.
Bubba

:rofl: but where is the video of one of us falling off the seat of the bike (standing up) in shorts and a tshirt in front of a truck going down the freeway?? :rofl:

you wheelie guys are all alike... :laugh: (crazy)

is this going to be his first track day? (I got bets he picks it up pretty quick)

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,, if you look at it from his point of view, about 15 of us sane riders die on the highways every day of the year on average. From his point of view, stunters may get skinned up now and then but rarely does one die!

I actually feel as safe on one wheel as I do two. So I can understand his point of view.

I'm guessing he will be a better track rider at the end of his first day than most of us was at the end of our first season :bowdown:

I have a huge respect for Kyle. He has three HOW TO dvds

Wheelies from Dummies
Advanced Wheelies II
How to Stoppie
as well as being in countless stunt videos.

Actually today he was at a practice session preparing for "Stunt Wars"!

I'm going to hook him up with my son Troy for some quality track time since they are around the same age. I think it will be fun to have Kyle hang out for a few days.

funny thing about "good" riders... not usually tied to one kind of riding...

Isn't is strange how so many think by adding pipes and PC, heavier suspension springs and gold valves, by twiddling a few knobs, sticker tires or larger sprocket will somehow make them a faster rider? However, it never does. Good riders will be fast on any bike and a slow rider will still be slow no matter how many fancy gadgets he adds to his machine.

Our bikes are built for speed not stunting.
I am sure he can ride better than I but that would be like saying he would rather jump a Ferrari than race it ?

Back