"Standard" Springfield M1A

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
Not as nice a M1A as some others have here, but it is Springfield, and I likey it!

Lugged suppressor is legal in Virginia

SlingNBayo.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet, my father is dying to get a hold of an M14...bring back old (some good/some very bad) memories

That is a fine shootin iron you got there son...
Just wont do you much good agin dem spirits you keep chasin...:poke:

I hear Silver bullets are useful as well...:whistle:

Beautiful rifle.

Are you thinking about hitting the gun show in Hampton this weekend?

Thanks, No gun shows for a while, In 2009 I bought my Glock 36, Bohica .50 and the M1A in this thread, I would love to go, but I'm tapped out for a while.

For some reason I spend money at gun shows?:whistle:

Thanks, No gun shows for a while, In 2009 I bought my Glock 36, Bohica .50 and the M1A in this thread, I would love to go, but I'm tapped out for a while.

For some reason I spend money at gun shows?:whistle:

Gotcha', it is a disease that affects the best of us.

To tell the truth I was at a show in VA Beach a few weeks ago and there were not really any "deals". So I made it in and out pretty cheap. $5.00 for a bendable LED\LASER flashlight that is perfect for inspecting a bore\barrel.

Gotcha', it is a disease that affects the best of us.

To tell the truth I was at a show in VA Beach a few weeks ago and there were not really any "deals". So I made it in and out pretty cheap. $5.00 for a bendable LED\LASER flashlight that is perfect for inspecting a bore\barrel.

Cool! Walked away without spending too much

Lots of cool stuff, not cometitively priced.

On a side note what do you know about the Swedish Mauer 98?

Very little, I have a buddy that might know something, any particular question(s)

Very little, I have a buddy that might know something, any particular question(s)

I have one and I would like to convert to a different caliber. It is currently 6.5 x 55 and I would like something a little more versatile. I have read about it being done but I can’t find a whole lot on how to do it.

I have one and I would like to convert to a different caliber. It is currently 6.5 x 55 and I would like something a little more versatile. I have read about it being done but I can’t find a whole lot on how to do it.

Ill check with my buddy on Monday and see if he knows anything.

Dino some Swedish Mausers are highly prized and they did not design theirs around that caliber cuz that dog dont hunt ?
6.5 x 55 is a very accurate round and fun to shoot. By converting it you may destroy any future collector value depending on the origin of it.
I love shooting oddball calibers..great history behind them...:thumbsup:

Dino some Swedish Mausers are highly prized and they did not design theirs around that caliber cuz that dog dont hunt ?
6.5 x 55 is a very accurate round and fun to shoot. By converting it you may destroy any future collector value depending on the origin of it.
I love shooting oddball calibers..great history behind them...:thumbsup:

You have a good point. All the parts on this one match serial numbers and I am told that is becoming rare. Also it might be cheaper just to pick up a new rifle to hunt with. Decisions...decisions...ugh...:laugh:

Back