Now that's just crazy!

Haya01B

Registered
Hey guys! There is a basketball team in GA that don't want anything to do with "you people". :whistle:
I will give him one credit. Don't hide your feelings and be open cause if you don't want "you people" around you, just say it. I for one don't want to be hanging out with someone who don't want me around them.:poke:

Linky Link:
All-white league founder: "Not a racist thing."

I dont like the guy, but i DO see where he's coming from. The point being, you can have any organization you want and limit it to african americans only, women only, asians only, hispanic only, etc....but if you make something thats white only or man only, you're a racist/sexist.

Can someone please explain to me how thats in any way fair?

I think if we can have the united ***** college fund, we can have an all white basketball league. I just dont like the racial overtones he uses. If an all white basketball league is racist, so is ANY organization that discriminates based on color, sex, etc. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

I dont like the guy, but i DO see where he's coming from. The point being, you can have any organization you want and limit it to african americans only, women only, asians only, hispanic only, etc....but if you make something thats white only or man only, you're a racist/sexist.

I think if we can have the united ***** college fund, we can have an all white basketball league. I just dont like the racial overtones he uses. If an all white basketball league is racist, so is ANY organization that discriminates based on color, sex, etc. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

Yep, that's pretty much how it has worked in my world... Funny, when I was a kid in high school, the black kid's didn't want to play with the white kids because we were the "White Devils"... Hmmmm. Oh I forgot, racism doesn't happen to you if your white, they must have meant something else...

and before this gets out of hand too, im not trying to put women/african americans/asians/whatever down by saying this. I'm all for equality among EVERYONE - but allowing one and not the other is not equality.

I just wanna know how it is crazy. The guy clearly states it is for "going back to the fundamentals of the game", "white guys don't have the natural talent"

To me it seems like he just wants a playing field for the less talented people to play.

Please name 1, just one, organization that limits its membership to a specific race.

Please name 1, just one, organization that limits its membership to a specific race.

1st I want to make it perfectly clear I am not a Racist. Some of my Best freinds are ( Well Freinds I dont look at them any other way ) But we have also had this conversation about Racism.

There is the United ***** College Fund
There is the Miss Black America Pagent

I can only imagine the uproar and calling of Racism if the Words ***** and Black were replaced with the word White in those two sentences.

And yes My Freinds agree as well.

1st I want to make it perfectly clear I am not a Racist. Some of my Best freinds are ( Well Freinds I dont look at them any other way ) But we have also had this conversation about Racism.

There is the United ***** College Fund
There is the Miss Black America Pagent

I can only imagine the uproar and calling of Racism if the Words ***** and Black were replaced with the word White in those two sentences.

And yes My Freinds agree as well.

Though set up to address funding inequities in education resources for African Americans, the UNCF-administered scholarships are open to all ethnicities; the great majority of recipients are still African-American. It provides scholarships to students attending its member colleges as well as going elsewhere.

You got me on the pageant. I could find nothing that says it is open to all, but I also did not find anything that said other ethnicities were excluded.

I do agree with your point. Using race or ethnicity as a discriminator is wrong.

Last edited:
Does seem that there is a bit of left handed discrimination.. Political Correctness does work on a bias as the very nature of PC disallows the mention of the double standard..

I think petty people dwell on this stuff and get distracted from the real issues..

Just a sampling of "Black" organizations... all operate with predominantly black members and advertise that fact.. Really not a big deal but would be if "white" was substituted for "Black" in the name.. yes many have white members, it is pretty hard to operate in this country without a few token white folk in your club..

I never give it much thought.. I think by including the race in the name, it limits their horizons and implies some racism anyway, not the most productive way to go about things...

What is funny is the "all white" basketball is so the white guys can play and win because they lack the "natural" talent.. :rofl: there is no winning anything like this when you tag a "race" to it...

Congressional Black Caucus
African American Planning Commission (AAPC)
100 Black Men of America
African American Speaker Bureau (AASB)
Black Culinarians Alliance (BCA)
Blacks In Government (BIG)
Black Wall Street Merchants Association
Black Women In Sisterhood For Action (BISA)
Miss Black USA
National Urban League (NUL)
National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
National Black Child Development Institute (NBCDI)
National Association of Market Developers (NAMD)
National Association of Blacks In Criminal Justice (NABCJ)
National Association of Black Accountants (NABA)
National Association of Black Hotel Owners, Operators and Developers (NABHOOD)
National Association of the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)

Now about the Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Catholic, organizations? :rofl: we do not have enough room here to list them all.....
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Does seem that there is a bit of left handed discrimination.. Political Correctness does work on a bias as the very nature of PC disallows the mention of the double standard..

I think petty people dwell on this stuff and get distracted from the real issues..

Just a sampling of "Black" organizations... all operate with predominantly black members and advertise that fact.. Really not a big deal but would be if "white" was substituted for "Black" in the name.. yes many have white members, it is pretty hard to operate in this country without a few token white folk in your club..

I never give it much thought.. I think by including the race in the name, it limits their horizons and implies some racism anyway, not the most productive way to go about things...

What is funny is the "all white" basketball is so the white guys can play and win because they lack the "natural" talent.. :rofl: there is no winning anything like this when you tag a "race" to it...

Congressional Black Caucus
African American Planning Commission (AAPC)
100 Black Men of America
African American Speaker Bureau (AASB)
Black Culinarians Alliance (BCA)
Blacks In Government (BIG)
Black Wall Street Merchants Association
Black Women In Sisterhood For Action (BISA)
Miss Black USA
National Urban League (NUL)
National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
National Black Child Development Institute (NBCDI)
National Association of Market Developers (NAMD)
National Association of Blacks In Criminal Justice (NABCJ)
National Association of Black Accountants (NABA)
National Association of Black Hotel Owners, Operators and Developers (NABHOOD)
National Association of the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)

Now about the Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Catholic, organizations? :rofl: we do not have enough room here to list them all.....
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I agree that mentioning a particular race limits an organization and in my mind racist and wrong. But it appears you are trying to say 2 wrongs make a right. Why try to defend racism by pointing out racism? However, the point was whether or not they overtly exclude other ethnicities, not if the name of the organization points out a particular ethnicity. That still means they might be racist, they are just smarter about it that the idiot in the article.

Last edited:
If black people want to have an organization specific for black people, so what go ahead.
If white people want to have an organization specific for white people, so what go ahead.
If green martians want to have an organization specific for green martians, so what go ahead.
Neither one should receive any more criticism than the others
Neither one should have the 'racist' term used any more than the others.
Neither one should receive government funding or special perks over the others, and as long as they are not receiving government funding, they should be able to do what they want.
Neither one should receive special treatment or status over the others.
Why are we programmed to see it differently?

Last edited:
If black people want to have an organization specific for black people, so what go ahead.
If white people want to have an organization specific for white people, so what go ahead.
If green martians want to have an organization specific for green martians, so what go ahead.
Neither one should receive government funding or special perks over the others, and as long as they are not receiving government funding, they should be able to do what they want.
exactly but what happens is one group feels persecuted by the other and so the whole balance goes down the tubes... It is fine if I call it the green club but it is not ok if you do... silly stuff all in all...

not sure what the jibberish is in the post above you... but in reality, it is just a case of some white guys trying to do something that would appear outwardly racist... Another group is crying foul... The group crying foul turns a blind eye to the opposite infraction...

I see it as two groups of petty people... neither worth my time

Best post yet! I think most will agree! :thumbsup:

So are you saying that racial discrimination is fine as long as no government funds are involved?

what he said.

besides, the fatty is right. black people have a tendency to be naturally more athletic than whites (or any other race, really). i'm white, and i'm ok with that, lol. the sno ball league is like, handicapped basketball:laugh:

So are you saying that racial discrimination is fine as long as no government funds are involved?

Discrimination will continue to exist because people wont let it die. If one person is doing something but wont allow another person for any reason. They cry foul and scream discrimination, be it race, sex, religion whatever.

People need to realize that not everyone will like them.. not everyone will want them involved. Find something you want to do and do it your way. whether the rest of the world likes it or not is irrelevant.

I believe that a private group of people have the right to do whatever the heck they want to, as long as it's not supported by government funds. Called the right to assemble and is protected under several articles of the Constitution.

I didn't say it was morally right; I said they have the right to do it if they want to. I don't like the KKK either, but they have the right to assemble and spout their rhetoric if they are stupid enough to do it, just like the NAACP. We unfortunately have to put up with them both.

Do we have to shut down Hayabusa.org because the ZX-14 people are offended because their bikes are green and our's are not? Does that make them or us racist?

Back