so i have a bottle...

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
a 15 year old bottle of gusano rojo mescal, complete with the worm. anyone tasted it yet? give me any idea what to expect? the reviews online vary widely, from a 4 of 5 star rating to a "don't, just don't". keep it closed, drink with friends before i head to basic training, what am i gonna do with it? unlike the pic tho, mine doesn't say "imported", dad bought it in oaxaca back in the day.
s870.jpg

Better to have a bottle in front of me, than a .....Well you know the rest:laugh:

I had a little fight with Jose a couple years ago and have not been able to face him since. When I did drink tequila I could not bring myself to drink anything with a worm in it. eew!

just smell of teq. makes me wanna...well know you. had a long night with jose a few yrs back gives me the willies just think about it
Posted via Mobile Device

In High School...during my Varsity year on the Lacrosse team, we made it a right of passage for all Freshman joining the team to have to take a swig of Jose Mezcal and eat the worm.

Needless to say..it didn't go over to well w/ many of their "unexperienced" stomachs. :whistle:

I'm so going to hell for that :ssad: :laugh:

it's actually a mezcal, not a tequila, but i'll probably :puke: anyway.

unlike the pic tho, mine doesn't say "imported", dad bought it in oaxaca back in the day.
s870.jpg

Ahhh..."oaxaca"...(pronounced: Wha-hoc-ah)..."The City Of Knives"....

hey ogre...check this out...then scroll down for an interesting read...

GUSANO ROJO MEZCAL OAXACA MEXICO OLD LIQUOR BOTTLE WORM - eBay (item 270353160993 end time Jan-27-10 20:30:24 PST)

$95 "Buy it Now" for a slightly used bottle...but what's inside ain't no patron!...evidently?...the bottles somewhat "collectable" artzy graphics LABEL is the big attraction....not the rot gut inside...LOL!

L8R, Bill. :cool:

I drank Mezcal for the first time on Halloween. I love Tequila. This stuff is not for the faint of heart. As someone else has said, you have been warned.

Whatever you do don't touch anything serious the day before you leave. I can't tell you how many guys I've seen suffering because of day before partying.

Back