Finally broke 190 ------------looking to brake 186!!!

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
Sorry, I got you here and you don't get your click back.

I told someone at work this, and they said "ARE YOU KIDDING, YOU WENT OVER 190 MPH!!!!!!!!!"
I said NO.

I have been trying for 4 - 5 months to lose weight and get below 185 lbs.

I finally got to 187 lbs with all my stuff on (work pants, keys, three shirts, and a Costanza Wallet that has its own gravitational pull, coins circle this thing).

I started 2009 at about 235+ and knew I needed to lose at least 20 - 30, but could not stop eating, you see, me and food go way back and I really love her. I just needed to stop using her as a crutch (or a spoon):laugh:

My girls gave me a 10lbs medicine ball for my birthday, and I realized that I was carrying three of these around and it was eye opening.

Thanks for the ear and I hope I can keep it off this time.
Bubba

Congrats, and yes i have to agree with the portion control statement, I managed to lose about 40lbs 2 years ago, unfortuantely i have added most of it back, too much fast food when working on the road, time to get back on the treadmill!

One thing i heard that might help too, losing 7lbs is about equal to gaining 1 hp! (don't know if that is valid, but is sure helps for a pep talk!)

Congrats, and yes i have to agree with the portion control statement, I managed to lose about 40lbs 2 years ago, unfortuantely i have added most of it back, too much fast food when working on the road, time to get back on the treadmill!

One thing i heard that might help too, losing 7lbs is about equal to gaining 1 hp! (don't know if that is valid, but is sure helps for a pep talk!)

I do have to say that my riding is changing with the loss of weight, many people shave off the bike, but it still helps no matter where the loss comes from.
I am also able to be more agile in the seat, and more comfortable getting off it when I need to.
Bubba

Yeah that's true for sure, and as far as shaving pounds goes, gotta be cheaper to get em off the belly than the bike.

Good on you, Bubba!!
I work for a weight loss company and true-to-life success stories are always good to hear! Keep it up!:thumbsup:

i'm at around 260 from 290 last year. it's slow going, but i'm keeping the weight off.

You ain't gett'n no pics of my Fat Butt soon! Do a search if you want.

Good on you, Bubba!!
I work for a weight loss company and true-to-life success stories are always good to hear! Keep it up!:thumbsup:

Thanks Tom, I did not see you at Starbucks the last few days, Sup?:laugh:

i'm at around 260 from 290 last year. it's slow going, but i'm keeping the weight off.

I am glad to hear this and I know you can feel this difference. Slow loss is better in the long run:thumbsup:
Bubba

grats dood. I have been 185 once...(in my adult life), looked like a holocaust victim.

:beerchug::thumbsup:

Way to go Bubba! :thumbsup: Losing weight is HARD! Have to keep telling myself, "I need to eat to live" and not "live to eat." :eatchicken:Keep up the good work!

I went from 287 last year to 246 this year by portion control and calorie counting. I'm hoping to get down to 210 by the end of the year. At first it was hard using portion control but you get use to it and now it's just second nature. :beerchug:

One thing I've tried to do is a different kind of "portion control." If you don't have the self control yet, then serving up smaller amounts will definitely be the best choice, but eating at a restaurant, that isn't always possible. So one of the best things you can start trying to do is not eat past the point of satisfaction. What I mean by that is #1 (and this one is huge) don't eat until your body tells you it's time. When your stomach starts growling or you get hunger pains, then eat. But don't keep going till you're stuffed, stop when you're satisfied. When you're simply not hungry anymore. Take home what's left and eat it when you get hungry again.

You'll actually wind up hungry more often, which means you get to eat more often!:cheerleader: Eating smaller amounts, more times a day will help you lose weight faster than starving yourself or something like that, because it will keep your metabolism going constantly. And eating something within 30 min. of waking up in the morning is crucial to jumpstart it.

That is cool bro! I need to get back into the same thing myself. Portion control and proper eating habits are my downfall. Back to the gym for me and restraint at the table.

I went from 250 to 330 to 260 now at 290...

250- no gym
330- powerlifting weights
260- no weights, all cardio
290- weights and cardio...

sigh.

That is awesome Bubba! :thumbsup:

Keep up the physical exercise and snack healthy in between meals. Many people don't realize that you have to eat in order to properly burn calories. It's what & how much you eat that makes or breaks you.

C'mon 186! Bring it on! :cheerleader:

Back