No Forgiveness For Phil96?

Seems like the Rules Apply to Some and NOT Others :dunno:

Best Bet..............Get CAP on your Friends List :thumbsup:

great.. I see a few more people are looking to be banned.. It's gonna get pretty lonely around here :poke:

Ok I get the whole respect thing.. I truly do.. but surely that doesn't mean tiptoe... and never ask a question? If you are only watching what you say out of fear then its the wrong reason.. fear fades, respect grows

Ok I get the whole respect thing.. I truly do.. but surely that doesn't mean tiptoe... and never ask a question? If you are only watching what you say out of fear then its the wrong reason.. fear fades, respect grows

Seems fine asking questions.. but if we already know people are getting "time outs" for posting starred out cuss words, then why tempt fate and keep doing it?

It has nothing to do with respect. It has everything to do with privacy. What happens between a member and the staff here is private. Why people feel that they have a vested interest or a reason to be involved in private issues is beyond me. Only the leaders of the site have all the information and all the responses from those members involved. Why the need for people to speculate or cause dissent is beyond me. If you weren't involved then stay out of it, frankly it's just none of your business.

Cap

{shrugs}.. I'm a sailor in a blond suit...but here, as far as I remember, I haven't played that card.. don't tend to. I actually try to get my point across with the harsher more real words for the most part. I don't think that's tempting fate.. but then again life is a fickle creature that bites us all occasionally...
I agree with no profanity rules only because they keep a modicum of peace... but, at what point do you draw the line and clarify profanity vs acceptable?
The whole "starry" thing is a good example.. but what about other languages, slang, proper words, acronyms, and for that matter the whole urban dictionary.... everyone knows at least one person who gets offended at a breeze...there will always be someone having cheese with their whine...no matter what is done, who is banned, and how many posts are modded...
that was my .98 cents feel free to toss in your .02

It has nothing to do with respect. It has everything to do with privacy. What happens between a member and the staff here is private. Why people feel that they have a vested interest or a reason to be involved in private issues is beyond me. Only the leaders of the site have all the information and all the responses from those members involved. Why the need for people to speculate or cause dissent is beyond me. If you weren't involved then stay out of it, frankly it's just none of your business.

Cap

Thanks Cap,
You are spot on about us that do not know the entire story, and do not see the private things that are said and penned. I like Phil, but if he is in violation, he will pay the price or elect not to. This is your playground, and we MUST abide by the rules you have many times reminded us of.
Thanks again for the opportunity to be here.

Bubba

{shrugs}.. I'm a sailor in a blond suit...but here, as far as I remember, I haven't played that card.. don't tend to. I actually try to get my point across with the harsher more real words for the most part. I don't think that's tempting fate.. but then again life is a fickle creature that bites us all occasionally...
I agree with no profanity rules only because they keep a modicum of peace... but, at what point do you draw the line and clarify profanity vs acceptable?
The whole "starry" thing is a good example.. but what about other languages, slang, proper words, acronyms, and for that matter the whole urban dictionary.... everyone knows at least one person who gets offended at a breeze...there will always be someone having cheese with their whine...no matter what is done, who is banned, and how many posts are modded...
that was my .98 cents feel free to toss in your .02

Your absolutely correct, I am just amazed that people can't understand a basic principal like no profanity.... We have been in operation for right at 10 years and I have never had to define what a curse word was. I never had to define what was considered ****. We have always worked using the common sense approach but I can see that we are well past that. Defined rules are on the way, no way to mis interperate or be confused any longer....

CAp

Discipline is always done by the parents. No discipline usually leads to out of control behavior. While some may not agree with the rules, I think that all would agree that this is one of the best run and most popular sites. Obviously what Cap has setup here and the rules he has asked us to adhere work. Look at the sucess of the site. These rules are what allows such a diverse group of people to interact with only one thing in common the love of a specific bike. No one calls someone new, (stupid) for asking a question that's been asked hundreds of times before. Respect the site and each other is what he has asked us to do, and that is what brings so many people back to this site. JMHOP :beerchug:

Your absolutely correct, I am just amazed that people can't understand a basic principal like no profanity.... We have been in operation for right at 10 years and I have never had to define what a curse word was. I never had to define what was considered ****. We have always worked using the common sense approach but I can see that we are well past that. Defined rules are on the way, no way to mis interperate or be confused any longer....

CAp

SO should I Change my SIGN or What ???

:laugh:

Back