$45 Mil and still whining !!!

Television show - TV Show - Yahoo! TV

I've never been a fan of Conan, but come on! You could fire me and say anything you want about me if you pay me $45 M to leave!

I wish, I wish!
:please:

45 million is the total settlement.. on his contract for buying him out...

iirc, he gets 33 million, the rest is the severance he negotiated for the 200 people NBC let go when getting rid of him...

effectivly he negotiated 60,000 dollars + worth of severance for everyone from the janitor to the top...

on top of that, conan is paying even MORE out of his own pay off to his employees to help them out even more....

conan is the man, if for nothing else, then that he took care of his people before willing to do anything...:thumbsup:

besides, other than having a kick ass garage full of cars, Jay Leno is dated.. It was his time to go...

Last edited:
Now come on guys

12 Million of that has to go to his staff

How is a guy supposed to live on a mere 33 million dollars :whistle:

He could give me the $45 mil and write it off as a charitable tax donation. I wouldn't be complaining about that at all. :whistle::whistle::laugh::laugh:

Too bad he's not alot shorter.

ist2_8270655-leprechaun-s-gold.jpg

Kento could I say publicly that you broke a rule on the org and were banned for 45 mil.:poke:
Cuz I would not take it.....:laugh:
My new toaster is worth at least 90 !

Conan got his shot.....and could not pull the numbers at 11:30.

sure some may like Conan over Jay, but Jay was far from washed up. that is why NBC was so afraid of him going to CBS or Fox they bribed him with a 10:00 show.

Jay did not go to NBC and say "give me a 10:00pm show or i am leaving" his contract was ending, and NBC did not want him to leave.

A person is worth what they can negotiate. Conan is obviously worth every penny, otherwise he would not be walking away and they would be in court. I don't understand it when people say something or someone isn't worth the money paid.

They could have spent that 45 mil ressurecting BENNY HILL.
I would be more happy...

BennyHill.jpg

001AAAAaaaaBennyHill06.gif

Sad he was so much funnier than either and I dont think he prolly made 45k much more 45 mil.

Last edited:
I get why he's upset. It was his dream to host the tonight show, and when he finally got there, it got yanked out from under him.

That being said, I'd be more than happy to NOT host the tonight show for $45M.

NBC: call me, I'll be happy to not host it for 1/10th the price!

Really I just faxed NBC my offer as well.
I said 'I will not host the Tonight show for only 4.5 mil !':rofl:

I can't wait for Conan on FOX. He was too restrained on the Tonight Show. His style really lends itself to something either later, or on a network that doesn't need to worry about being P.C.

with all the money he has now.....

he should take his show to one of the cable networks. really get out from under the networks heavy handed control.

Back