The root of our societal problems starts at home.

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
My receptionist has 3 children by 3 different fathers. She has a relatively stable home life now after 20 years of bouncing back and forth between men and having their children here and there. Yesterday she tells me that her daughter (19yrs old) is pregnant with her 3rd child...all from the same kid. This is the same kid that is high most every time you see him and has spent several weeks in jail for random B.S., including driving on a suspended license and breaking and entering a vehicle. He currently is in jail, and even when he is out, he will never drive again...not at least anywhere but work perhaps. He cheats on her regularly and leaves their home (government subsidized apartment) for nights on end.

Here's the irony. My receptionist is telling me how angry she is about this new pregnancy and how irresponsible her daughter is being. I want to get a mirror for her so that she can look at herself while saying this. And to top it all off, her daughter is bragging about her pregnancy on MySpace.

Ignorance breeds ignorance. As long as this cycle continues, we will never become a self-reliant nation again. We will always look to the government for help and continue to pro-create without a thought about how these children will fare in the real world.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

1013 posts.....do I get a toaster now or what? :p

Last edited:
Negative on the toaster...ya gotta beg! :laugh:

Totally agree with the whole "it starts at home" ideology. I'm very strict with my 3 boys, I know they don't like it most of the time but when they're grown they'll appreciate the way they were raised and understand that the respect and hard work ethic instilled in them was for a reason - to keep them out of trouble and a productive member of society. There's far too many disrespectful, lazy kids running around these days that turn into tomorrows jail/prison population.

Toasters all around!

My sister is in the same boat. Almost 30, living with my parents, 2 kids by 2 different men, and pregnant with a 3rd by another man. Joy, she will never grow up and support herself. She was also just fired from her job, and top it all off, she is driving around in a new vehicle she purchased last summer, never bought the tag for it and she has the tag from my dads truck on her truck. My mother wonders why I get mad when she talks to me about the situation.

Somebody in blue is.......FABULOUS! :laugh:

Thanks for the toaster!

But back to the issue, I suspect everyone here has someone in their family with similar conditions....I know my sister-in-law was headed down that path for a long time until sh recently became very responsible, which is a refreshing surprise to be sure.

I know what you mean about hearing from your family about these things...you want to offer your opinion, but nobody will listen, so you just try to change the subject. :whistle:

What is frustrating.....my mom will call and complain and ask for advice. What do I do? My father is disabled and on oxygen, he has little strenght and is was watching my sisters kids until she got fired. Now that another baby is on the way, he will potentially have to watch a 2 year old and a newborn if she finds another job. My mom works full time for AT&T at a call center, 7 to 7 with little vacation and no sick leave. My parents have raised their kids. It is not their job to raise their grandkids. Mom doesnt like my advice, so why ask?

Oh man....I feel your pain. Except my situation was by marriage...so I heard it from my wife, not directly from my family. Luckily the father is in the picture now for my sis-in-law, otherwise it would be a mirror image of you situation.

As long as this cycle continues, we will never become a self-reliant nation again. We will always look to the government for help and continue to pro-create without a thought about how these children will fare in the real world.

Obama will take care of us...it's all good...

LOL, to make it even more interesting. My sisters ex husband is not the father of the oldest child. But the oldest child thinks he is. He never had a steady job and always worked odd jobs and what not. Went to school to become an over the road truck driver and suddenly came out of the closet and left my sister. Their house was paid for when they got married and they continually took out home equity loans to live on, my sister never worked. So, when they divorced, the bank took the house and they had over 85,000 in debt. Got to love family.

My receptionist has 3 children by 3 different fathers. She has a relatively stable home life now after 20 years of bouncing back and forth between men and having their children here and there. Yesterday she tells me that her daughter (19yrs old) is pregnant with her 3rd child...all from the same kid. This is the same kid that is high most every time you see him and has spent several weeks in jail for random B.S., including driving on a suspended license and breaking and entering a vehicle. He currently is in jail, and even when he is out, he will never drive again...not at least anywhere but work perhaps. He cheats on her regularly and leaves their home (government subsidized apartment) for nights on end.

Here's the irony. My receptionist is telling me how angry she is about this new pregnancy and how irresponsible her daughter is being. I want to get a mirror for her so that she can look at herself while saying this. And to top it all off, her daughter is bragging about her pregnancy on MySpace.

Ignorance breeds ignorance. As long as this cycle continues, we will never become a self-reliant nation again. We will always look to the government for help and continue to pro-create without a thought about how these children will fare in the real world.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

1013 posts.....do I get a toaster now or what? :p

I tend to agree but you can't discount the negative messages\influences sent to young people by outside sources. Kids are bombarded with so much crap and it continues on into adulthood. Even good parents can be undermined by the media. It is sad really.

i once met then started to date a girl who was 25 at the time after a few dates and me already :poke: her she tells me she has 5 kids, so at first i was amazed :bowdown:because she had not one stretch mark on her and her :shocked: were still like grapefruit...so with that being said, i thought maybe she was pulling my chain...then she has me come meet them all....yeah 5 different dads....when i broke it off with her 3 minutes later, i said it wasnt the fact she had 5 kids but the fact that by all of them being different fathers it showed me how irr responsable she was, and how the heck do you get 5 kids with 5 diff dads and all the dads are losers....scared me a bit( i though ti was a loser too) so i got out of there fast and started working more, and paying bills ect...:laugh:

Wow, good move. I can understand two different dads...things happen. But after the 2nd, I would think that you would understand how the process works.

Insert tab A into slot B and presto change-o, you get a C (child.) :easy:

I feel your pain however as her employer, I would think that you would be in a heap of trouble should your secretary ever get wind of this.

I feel your pain however as her employer, I would think that you would be in a heap of trouble should your secretary ever get wind of this.

Well...I'm not using her name and my name is not traceable to my business, so I doubt seriously this will be seen by her. I go to extra lengths to insulate my personal life from business. Besides, you guys are my free therapy, you can't deny me that, can you? ???

Not at all. Just trying to help you out bro. Not trying to bash you at all.:beerchug:

Kids raising kids.

My dad tried again and again to tell my sister in law that her neice, who grew up in that environment, did NOT need to have a steady boyfriend at 16 years old. My wife and SIL told my dad he was being "old-fashioned". Sure enough, she got pregnant. It effectively ended any chance she had to better her lot in life. Sure enough, 2 years later she divorced the dad (who was on disability at 20 years old), then shacked up with a 45 year old dude (she was 18), and had another child with this other dude. What a shame. She did not have a real dad I think that has a lot of influence. I HOPE i can teach my daughter better and try every day to set a good example.

Kids raising kids.
I HOPE i can teach my daughter better and try every day to set a good example.
That's all we can do as parents. Teach them right from wrong, and hope we reinforced the lessons often enough.
At my house we also try and positively influence our kids' friends. Something as simple as letting them see that a man and woman don't have to fight and argue constantly can improve their outlook on life.

It is exactly what the Govt wants.
A bunch of dummies who will ask no questions when taxed to death.
They dont want our kids to be smart.
They have taken care of theirs but ours dont care, they can work at Mickey D's.

Silly that Cuba has a higher literacy rate than us..

The preg issue again is like you say.....but then again you would get me into the whole it takes a man and woman to raise kids religious arguement and I may get spanked again so I'll stop while I am ahead.

Ward and June Cleaver did not have these probs..:laugh:

Back