Helmet???????

biglubusa1

Registered
When i took my motorcycle class last year the instructor mentioned that rhode island is 1 of 4 states where a helmet is NOT required for the rider, only the passenger. Does anyone know if this is true and what the 4 states are.(I always wear my helmet:rulez:).

Very taboo in Australia to go without helmet. I assumed (based on movies) that helmets were only worn by 50-60% of american riders....

Obviously not so....

Here ya go

50 State Helmet Law Review

a lot of the passenger only laws apply to those under like 18..

My minimum gear is full face lid, leather jacket and gloves.. then I have my race duds... (and my brand new Sidi Vortice boots@! Santa lives!) :rofl:

Last edited:
i have my own helmet law: always wear a lid, and if you have a passanger, you sure as hell better make sure they have one on as well!!! :rulez:

Ok is a no helmet law but must have wind/eye protection.

Dunno about pass. Make wife wear hers anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device

Arizona doesn't have a helmet law, but there are way to many rocks and sand. By the way there are some pretty big bugs and killer bee's. I wear my helmet all the time.

I'm in Cali. Everything is illegal here. Helmet law here went into affect when I was a kid so I've never been on my bike without it. I would feel naked and exposed without a helmet.

I'm in Cali. Everything is illegal here. Helmet law here went into affect when I was a kid so I've never been on my bike without it. I would feel naked and exposed without a helmet.

It kinda feels good:whistle:

Riding W/O a helmet that is

Last edited:
i have to admit, in my cruiser days i always just wore a skid lid, my eye protection was just some shades...

wearing a full face helmet always felt a bit clausterphobic(sp?)

I have since changed my ways...

but the wind in your face actually was a pretty nice feeling...

Back