January Oklahoma thunderstorms..

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I was out working in the garage tonight and I heard thunder, I grabbed the camera and off to the porch I went.... Here is what I captured in about 20 minutes...

Its a ways off still but coming fast...
DSC_0112-sized.jpg

Going along the neighborhood
DSC_0116-sized.jpg

I always love time lapse... This is a car coming down the street..
DSC_0118-sized.jpg

Getting closer
DSC_0124-sized.jpg

I had to sneak a pic of one of the LED signs in here... I keep it in the window all the time and just turned the camera and snapped this one...
DSC_0131-sized.jpg

So the storm went over the house and this is out the backdoor..
DSC_0134-sized.jpg

This pic is kinda neat if you know what your looking at... OKC is the bright spot on the right... Its about 20 miles away...
DSC_0145-sized.jpg

This is a time lapse of the highway, you can see the cars on the steet with a bright flash from lightning....
DSC_0152-sized.jpg

DSC_0112-sized.jpg

DSC_0116-sized.jpg

DSC_0118-sized.jpg

DSC_0124-sized.jpg

DSC_0131-sized.jpg

DSC_0134-sized.jpg

DSC_0145-sized.jpg

DSC_0152-sized.jpg

you should take those pics at night where the lightning shows up better/// :rofl:

as always.. nice shots :)

I had storms blow through, thunder/lightning/lots of rain last weekend...it was so unusual to have that in January, but very cool...I didn't take pics and now I wish I had...

Those shots are so cool :thumbsup:

Gorgeous stuff, as usual!

The light in your window should be red. :laugh:

Captain....you manage to get the coolest T-Storm pics I swear! Your house must be located in area where you are really able to see them "come in"
The lightning shots are great!

I still have some pics saved you took a few months back in front of your house that were amazing :thumbsup:

sweet pics. :beerchug: ok weather can be difficult 2 ride in. My first ride of 2010 was a few days ago. Monday the 18th maybe? Anyway i rode around and then 2 for for about a 6.5 hour shift. Beautiful day. couldn't have been better. when i left work around 10pm it was misty and at about 10:15 the fog was so thick i couldn't see more than 30 feet n front of me. it was awful. I ended up breaking the law going under 50mph on the turnpike with my hazards on. i think that is the first time i have ever broke the min speed on the busa. hopefully the last

Back