What's a TRE? (not kidding)

Puggle

Registered
:tre: I'm not kidding.

The best google could give me was Trinity Railway Express or Teacher Resource Exchange.

In another thread it was Terminal retard eliminator but I'm guessing that was a joke.... And some bloody riddle about a TRE falling in the forest (nobody hears it etc)

Please enlighten the noob. :dunno:

Last edited:
tre = Timing Retard Eliminator. It does exactly what it says - it gets rid of the timing retard in your first 3 (?) gears, and gets rid of the 186 mph speed limiter.

ooooooooooohhhhhh. Thanks.

Why would you want to do that though? I thought piston cycles are retarded before/after TDC for maximum economy or power. Eliminate the retardation on a busa? Make it worse?

elimination of the timing retard gives you more power in your lower gears. The timing retard was put in to help prevent new and/or inexperienced riders from unintentional wheelies. If you get one, i would HIGHLY recommend you get a "smart" TRE that automatically shuts off when you put the bike in neutral. You want it to shut off because otherwise, you run into some rough idle problems.

I hope this doesn't get me banned. But we do have a search function and google really does rock...

What is a TRE?

First 3 responses have the answer you ask....

elimination of the timing retard gives you more power in your lower gears. The timing retard was put in to help prevent new and/or inexperienced riders from unintentional wheelies. If you get one, i would HIGHLY recommend you get a "smart" TRE that automatically shuts off when you put the bike in neutral. You want it to shut off because otherwise, you run into some rough idle problems.

I thought only 5th and 6th gears were retarded? Am I way off base here?

:tre: I'm not kidding.

The best google could give me was Trinity Railway Express or Teacher Resource Exchange.

In another thread it was Terminal retard eliminator but I'm guessing that was a joke.... And some bloody riddle about a TRE falling in the forest (nobody hears it etc)

Please enlighten the noob. :dunno:

Something that you do not need :whistle:

I thought only 5th and 6th gears were retarded? Am I way off base here?

I thought it was 5th and 6th on the B-King, but only 6th on the Busa? I dunno... my Busa is getting :smileyexhibit: in couple of weeks anyway.

I hope this doesn't get me banned. But we do have a search function and google really does rock...

What is a TRE?

First 3 responses have the answer you ask....

Yeah I was hoping this thread didn't get me banned. :rofl:

I did google ofcourse, just left out the word hayabusa. Then it doesn't work....

Thanks all

Yeah I was hoping this thread didn't get me banned. :rofl:

I did google ofcourse, just left out the word hayabusa. Then it doesn't work....

Thanks all

No worries.... Just pokin some fun at ya......

As long as your question got answered, all is good. :thumbsup:

From what I understand, a TRE makes the bike run a 5th gear map in all gears. That is why you smooth out in the lower gears and the speed restriction is removed. The ECU never see's the 6th gear and cant apply the limit based on the map parameters. I have one on my bike, but its a GIpro with TRE, I love the gear indicator, but never have had then need to bust 187.

From what I understand, a TRE makes the bike run a 5th gear map in all gears. That is why you smooth out in the lower gears and the speed restriction is removed. The ECU never see's the 6th gear and cant apply the limit based on the map parameters. I have one on my bike, but its a GIpro with TRE, I love the gear indicator, but never have had then need to bust 187.

We have a winner......

On a side note, how have you and Julie been. I need to get up your way when it warms up... (thread jack over)

Twotonevert is correct on what it does. I wasnt sure which gears had the timing retarded, which was why i put the (?) after the "3" in my original post.

I too have the GI Pro. Having the gear indicator is nice.

Back