Hats off to Mass Dems...

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
There is balance in the universe I suppose :) now do the Dems try to shove the Healthcare bill down our throats anyway? I would hope not...

I wonder why they lost... such arrogance...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! Now it will take EVEN longer for issues to get resolved in the Senate! As if they weren't taking long enough as it is :banghead:

The President has been in office just over a year and our American "must have immediate change now" attitude & general lack of patience is shining brightly. :disagree:

Great! Now it will take EVEN longer for issues to get resolved in the Senate! As if they weren't taking long enough as it is :banghead:

The President has been in office just over a year and our American "must have immediate change now" attitude & general lack of patience is shining brightly. :disagree:

I think you've got it wrong. They don't want immediate change, they want thoughtful and considerate change. What we were getting was "change at the speed of light, like it or not." Did you see the exit polling? Health care reform was a MAJOR issue for these voters. It wasn't that they don't want reform, but they don't want it shoved down our collective throats.

I think you've got it wrong. They don't want immediate change, they want thoughtful and considerate change. What we were getting was "change at the speed of light, like it or not." Did you see the exit polling? Health care reform was a MAJOR issue for these voters. It wasn't that they don't want reform, but they don't want it shoved down our collective throats.

Ok...I hear ya.

Personally I think The President has done the best possible job on the HC reform that he can. Bringing in the smartest minds, changing & re-changing it to best accomodate all parties, and offering a plan/plans that are feasible for just about anybody.

It just upsets me that everyone wanted "change" ......and with him only having been in office a year....they're all ready to bail on him!

Curently I do not have insurance. And if his office can come up w/ a plan that will allow my family & I coverage for less then the "bend me over a barrel" price that Blue Cross Blue Shield NC is asking....then I say why not!?

Excuse my basic knowledge of politics, but these are my thoughts & opinions for someone who can only be informed as the news he watches & reads. :dunno:

Last edited:
I appreciate your situation and the cost of insurance is not cheap, I can empathize with that. But there are solutions to this debacle that don't require us to bend over and take one for the team. Allowing us to buy medications from Canada (which will eventually cause the drug companies to reduce costs here,) allowing us to buy coverage across state lines (competition breeds price reduction,) and tort reform, which will also reduce medical costs all around. In the end, there are so many viable options on the table that would cost taxpayers nothing...so I think we're trying to comprehend why Washington is trying to spend their way to a solution instead of removing the regulation...which is so often the cause of most of our problems anyway.

On a difference note....have you looked into high deductible indemnity policies? When my wife and I were first married, we had coverage for emergencies only which protected us from massive health bills...but we were still required to pay for doctors visits and drugs for less than emergency type situations. It's not ideal, but it might be an option? I hope you don't think me too presumptuous to offer some suggestions. :)

I appreciate your situation and the cost of insurance is not cheap, I can empathize with that. But there are solutions to this debacle that don't require us to bend over and take one for the team. Allowing us to buy medications from Canada (which will eventually cause the drug companies to reduce costs here,) allowing us to buy coverage across state lines (competition breeds price reduction,) and tort reform, which will also reduce medical costs all around. In the end, there are so many viable options on the table that would cost taxpayers nothing...so I think we're trying to comprehend why Washington is trying to spend their way to a solution instead of removing the regulation...which is so often the cause of most of our problems anyway.

On a difference note....have you looked into high deductible indemnity policies? When my wife and I were first married, we had coverage for emergencies only which protected us from massive health bills...but we were still required to pay for doctors visits and drugs for less than emergency type situations. It's not ideal, but it might be an option? I hope you don't think me too presumptuous to offer some suggestions. :)

Not to presumptupus at all. I was unaware of any such policy, and will def look into it. Thank you!

Ok...I hear ya.

Personally I think The President has done the best possible job on the HC reform that he can. Bringing in the smartest minds, changing & re-changing it to best accomodate all parties, and offering a plan/plans that are feasible for just about anybody.

It just upsets me that everyone wanted "change" ......and with him only having been in office a year....they're all ready to bail on him!

Curently I do not have insurance. And if his office can come up w/ a plan that will allow my family & I coverage for less then the "bend me over a barrel" price that Blue Cross Blue Shield NC is asking....then I say why not!?

Excuse my basic knowledge of politics, but these are my thoughts & opinions for someone who can only be informed as the news he watches & reads. :dunno:
Watch Fox news and be informed.

Well its just my opinion but living in MA my whole life,46 years with DEMS in the seat I say ITS TIME FOR CHANGE ..
And as far as the health bill goes the plan will give you a low substandard service for more $$ the medicare plan that is in place here in mass is more affordable and gives quality care that will be absent with the reform when the insurance companies cut thier costs to adjust the the bill.
All you get from the news and tv is what they want you to hear its the oldest tool in the book for manipulation
You got to read outside the box Im just sayin no attacks plz:whistle:

If we all had the congressional health plan our nation would be bancrupt within a year. ???

:thumbsup: If the health care bill isn't good enough for the politicians an there families then why would it be good enough for anyone else ??? Something is definitely wrong.

If we all had the congressional health plan our nation would be bancrupt within a year

If that s the case an they want to kill us they should not be exempt from it if anyone deserves lousy an crappy health care it's politicians :moon: :laugh:

Last edited:

:)

Good points and all of them should be part of a good health care reform package.

My problem with the current bill is that it there is no public option to provide competition within the insurance industry. They are businesses and designed to make money; Insurance companies do not make money paying claims, they make money when your claims are denied. As it stands the insurance industry is like the oil industry with no real competition so there is not much difference in plans. All the plans pretty expensive and force people to make financial choices about their basic health needs. I think as a country we can do better.

If we all had the congressional health plan our nation would be bancrupt within a year. ???

If you do not regulate health care costs, then you are right. If you regulate the costs then we as a nation could provide universal coverage (like Congress gets).

It's just a ploy, because now some Republician is going to jump ship and become a democrat.

Mark my words on this one .:whistle:

A very good post V; I'm liking you more every day :beerchug:

You can't have one without the other. Now, the Dems are going to be forced to negociate in order to pass health care legislation. Universal health care is a NOBLE cause that is an American issue (both parties would agree) but the devil is in the details and who/how it's paid for and that's where the divergence occurs. Tort Reform, Insurance Reform, Drug access reform, etc. You can't MAKE people by health insurance that was idiocy from day one. The irony is not lost on me. For MA to elect a Republican...that's what I'd call a STATEMENT. Way to go MA!

Last edited:
Back