> grasshopper on the railroad tracks wouldn't slow a train very much, a
> billion of them would. With that thought in mind, read the following,
> obviously written by a good American.
>
> Good idea...one light bulb at a time
> Check this out. I can verify this because I was in Lowe's the other day for
> some reason and just for the heck of it I was looking at the hose
> attachments. They were all made in China. The next day I was in
> Ace Hardware and just for the heck of it I checked the hose attachments there.
> They were made in USA. Start looking.
>
> In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects
> someone else - even their job. So, after reading this email, I think this
> lady is on the right track. Let's get behind her!
> My grandson likes Hershey's candy. I noticed, though, that it is marked
> made in Mexico now. I do not buy it any more.
>
> My favorite toothpaste Colgate is made in Mexico...now
> I have switched to Crest. You have to read the labels on everything.
> This past weekend I was at Kroger. I needed 60W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets. I was
> in the light bulb aisle, and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off-brand
> labeled, "Everyday Value". I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats -
> they were the same except for the price. The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO
> and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA in a company in Cleveland, Ohio.
>
> So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that
> are made right here.So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets...yep, you
> guessed it, Bounce cost more money and is made in Canada . The Everyday Value
> brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA! I did laundry yesterday
> and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using
> for years and at almost half the price!
>
> My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for
> everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the
> job you save may be your own or your neighbors!
>
> If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so
> we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time!
>
> Stop buying from overseas companies! (We should have awakened a decade ago)
> Let's get with the program . . . help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and create more jobs here in the U. S. A.
>
> I Passed this on...will you ???????

Yeah! It's a good thought but my friend they are way ahead of you. You have to look even deeper sometimes. It can be made in America but with foreign parts or sometimes the other way round.

I worked for Cummins Diesel Plant and their engine blocks came from China. They use to tear a drill bit all to "the hot place". Turns out they throw anything in there to fill the part out, even carbide bits. Go figure.

Cooper Tools where I worked for in Apex NC shipped all their equipment to Mexico. Humm! Bush was in office then but no one complained. Go figure???

the problem with trying to buy american was well stated, with the point about being assembled here from foreign parts.

The bigger issue that I see is that, sure, if you buy american you're trying to help keep american workers in their jobs. However, also consider that when you buy foreign goods, you're helping keep employment for people with jobs in the import/export business, not to mention the shipping business.

In a global economy, NOTHING is as simple as "buy american".

Yeah! It's a good thought but my friend they are way ahead of you. You have to look even deeper sometimes. It can be made in America but with foreign parts or sometimes the other way round.

I worked for Cummins Diesel Plant and their engine blocks came from China. They use to tear a drill bit all to "the hot place". Turns out they throw anything in there to fill the part out, even carbide bits. Go figure.

Cooper Tools where I worked for in Apex NC shipped all their equipment to Mexico. Humm! Bush was in office then but no one complained. Go figure???

yeah Bush let greed rape the country, and we such suckers we look for some one else to blame.

NAFTA was put into law during the Clinton administration, not the Bush administration. Just saying...

NAFTA was put into law during the Clinton administration, not the Bush administration. Just saying...

we need NAFTA because our economy is tied to mexico's. If there are no jobs in mexico they will just come here and get jobs. i live in SoCal i see it everyday. i think trying to secure the boarder is like putting up a fence in the middle of the ocean you are still gonna end up with fish on both sides. this was thier land anyway they belong here. lol

thanks for trying.....

but you need to look into such matters before speaking...

there aire a few things that effect the price of everything else and two of them are fuel and housing. I don't need to do any research to know that during JR's time in office both prices were the highest ever.

we can blame that on china mexico or the middle east. just curious who do you think owns the blame.

Back