Current numbers in Haiti

Goatkart

Registered
all estimates:

12,000+ US troops

3000+ UN troops

28 known dead americans, if you account for the missing likely dead, then the numbers are more american's killed than in 9/11

200,000 estimated dead

tragic...

all estimates:

12,000+ US troops

3000+ UN troops

28 known dead americans, if you account for the missing likely dead, then the numbers are more american's killed than in 9/11

200,000 estimated dead

tragic...
It is tragic, but its good to see the efforts people are making to help the Haitian people, even though the task seems beyond monumental.

Personally, I wish they'd use those millions of dollars that they have earmarked for relief in Haiti to feed the hungry that we have HERE.

if i were homeless and hungry and an american (one of which i am, two of which im close to) id be PISSED seeing out govt taking care of them and not me.

Chaos over there the national prison let everybody go all jails have been emptied.

I sent little $$$ remember average family there gets by on $2 a day so even little helps

Last edited:
Personally, I wish they'd use those millions of dollars that they have earmarked for relief in Haiti to feed the hungry that we have HERE.

if i were homeless and hungry and an american (one of which i am, two of which im close to) id be PISSED seeing out govt taking care of them and not me.

Kinda confused here, might be my age. I think anyone homeless and hungry in America wants to be that way.

dadofthree: I suggest you pick up your local newspaper and check the jobs section. if you truly believe that, I think you are VERY out of touch with things in this country as they are today.

Also, there are a large percentage of people who are homeless because of mental disorders...but im sure you think they want to be that way.

In my area of the country, unemployment is around 18%. This means that almost 1 in 5 people in this area are looking for work, but cannot find work. This doesnt even count the ones who are not working, but have given up hope of finding anything, have gone back to school, are working part time instead of full time, or working a job FAR below their pay grade/abilities.

You cant REALLY be that out of touch with the world, can you? I'd expect a lot better of folks than to make a statement like you did.

The illegal Haitians in this country were granted amnesty for 18 months. I wonder how many of them are hungry, unemployed and homeless? Or how many are on the welfare rolls. Estimates are there are 100,000 to 200,000 here illegally. 30,000 of which have been ordered to leave. Obama says they can now stay and WORK.

Back