SOO @#$%&*? ANGRY(insurance)

papi_ocho

Registered
If the day wasn't bad enouph for its own reasons.

Get home LATE HUNGRY TIRED ....

try to relax with some tv. Open some mail.
Mail: from progressive and state farm.

Usaa stoped taking on new bikes. Old bikes were grandfathered in. UNLESS of course u move to another state. Insurance almost trippled. So Usaa pawns me off to progressive. Please keep in mind that I've had my busa 2months. Progressive was great until I needed insurance on my new-to-me busa.

Progressive was NOT the way. But state farm was.

The plan: allow progressive to finish the policy from Nov to Jan. No big deal no extra paperwork. In jan state farm agreed to take on all my bikes

Gs500
S-40
Busa

So we go thru the red tape. Pay the policy cash up front. NOT 7days later:

Statefarm can not insure 2006 Suzuki 500

1 vehicle is NOT touring/cruizer type vehicle
2 vehicle is UNDER 801cc

OMG ru being serious?

So they r telling me. No we won't insure ur 500cc standard NOT race bike. Liability ONLY. Under 50hp bike.

But sure we'll take that king of the road, 100++++ HP. Largest fastest production bike worth 3 maybe 4 times that 500cc toy bike and grant u FULL COVERAGE on it.

RIGHT!

VENTING HARD CORPS! no need to reply/respond

Thanks for listening....
U guys r the best
Don't care what any of the liter bike guys say about us.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's strange. I had a DS650 insured with them. If doesn't fit those reasons for your rejection either. You might want to call a different agent and see what they say. Maybe they stopped doing it because a lot of younger riders start on 600-750 cc sportbikes and crash them too often for SF's liking.

Talk to a local agent. Sometimes they're more helpful and know how to insure thing to get coverage.

Personally I use allstate for everything I own. Wife has had two claims on her minor incidents. No repairs for me and no price hike. Also I'm 24 and pay about 50 a month for full coverage for the busa.
Posted via Mobile Device

I use State Farm--I had to talk directly with the agent and they were happy to get it insured. I did have to give them my other car insurance to make it happen--but in the end--the savings were worth it!

Something sounds strange, they had to have made a mistake, I have a 750 with them. Ask if you can save more by insuring your house too.

Got Nationwide on everything I own.been lucky to have an awesome agent too. at first they (underwritter) denied my 08 saying the dont and never insured "crotch rockets" I explained they covered my 02, and then explained its a "sport touring bike not a crotch rocket" and she got it through for.....cough,cough $110.......................................yr. I sh!t you not. my 02 was a little over $300 yr.....see what a fruit basket every now and then will do for you:whistle:

Got Nationwide on everything I own.been lucky to have an awesome agent too. at first they (underwritter) denied my 08 saying the dont and never insured "crotch rockets" I explained they covered my 02, and then explained its a "sport touring bike not a crotch rocket" and she got it through for.....cough,cough $110.......................................yr. I sh!t you not. my 02 was a little over $300 yr.....see what a fruit basket every now and then will do for you:whistle:

HOLY CRAP! For $110/year I'd bring her the whole fruit tree! :rofl:

Yeah! You can look forward to a lot of restructuring and such all across the board! All ways remember nothing stays the same. It only makes sense that they figure they can hit you in the head with the Busa and at the same time why bother with the small bike when there is not a whole lot of money in it for them!:laugh:

I got a story for you! I have a 2001 hayabusa I brought new in June 2001. I was about 24 years old and had maybe 2 points on my license. I was given a $1,700yr premium. Fast forward to Nov 2009 and I now have liability only and ask my insurance carrier about full coverage. How about $1675 with no points on license!

This may be one of the answers to the Where did the Money Go thread!

I bet some actuary has a list of crashes and fatalities on bikes sitting on his desk..

under 25, under 749cc probably about guarantees a crash... As insurance was already out of reach on the bigger bikes for the same age groups, they are just getting out of the biz of insuring "the Invincible"

Bad part is they can not channel them out based strictly on the facts, they would be "discriminating" and we can not have that happen... so every one pays...

They have been discriminating all the time! Cruisers run the same ratio of risk as being in a fatal crash as sport bike riders. A majority of cruiser riders wear open face helmets if any at all depending on the state they live in. Most all of them have loud pipes but you never hear about them being pulled for noise pollution much if any. Discrimination is just a way of life here in the good old usa!

They have been discriminating all the time! Cruisers run the same ratio of risk as being in a fatal crash as sport bike riders. A majority of cruiser riders wear open face helmets if any at all depending on the state they live in. Most all of them have loud pipes but you never hear about them being pulled for noise pollution much if any. Discrimination is just a way of life here in the good old usa!
sadly not true.. (crash rates)

III - Motorcycle Crashes
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), riders of “supersports” motorcycles have driver death rates per 10,000 registered vehicles nearly four times higher than for drivers of other types of motorcycles. Supersports have more horsepower than conventional motorcycles and can reach speeds of up to.....
not sure if it is possible to quantify the helmet use stats... Loud pipes are not an exclusive to the cruiser scene.. but tickets are starting to flow to loud bikes if just by fact of garnering the most attention of LEO's

Discrimination is not the norm in the USA IMHO (but I am sure if that is what you are looking for, you will see it everywhere, reverse or otherwise) ... but if you are going to go out of your way to stick out? yea, I think you stand a better chance of getting nailed..

Last edited:
Back