20 years later

ditchdr

Registered
Ok in pic 1 we see a 14 year ol kid, whos whole life is infront of him. He is hapy. He has a pretty girl sitting next to him ( we are still good friends), has ambisions of becoming a chef at a 5 star joint.. He is just happy hapy happy.

17956_107321575949183_1000001402254.jpg

I have on the brown and white striped shirt.

flash foward 30 years, We have a 34 year old man, who has been kicked in the gut by life, only to kick back and win. He went from wanting to be a chef to some stange twist ending up being a paramedic. He still talked to a few people from back then, but most who felt they were better then him then, still wont talk, even tho he is still a nice person. He has never been married has asked 2 times. First did not work, second looks like a winner winner chicken dinner.. SO here you go,, this is what 30 years of life looks like.

Picture041-1.jpg

Kind of funny seeing what 20 years does to people. My wife and I have been out of HS for 19 years now.....most guys from her class look rode hard, bald, crusty, fat old men. :laugh: A lot of the women as well look really old for their age....funny how life takes care of looks for some people and others...well, it doesn't seem to affect as much with age. I'll leave it at that.

The 2nd pic your boy looks more like the guy standing in the background to me rather than the brown haired kid sitting at the table next to you.

Looks like your doing good for yourself. What I find funny is all the kids in high school that thought they were the best at everything and were going to have the best jobs in the world, end up working at the movie stores in their home towns. Don't want to say that I rub it in their faces, but trips back home are pretty enjoyable when you run into them.

Reflection is fun.

I've little interest in going home and seeing old classmates. The only people who had any intelligence or ambition left town. Those who stayed pursued their interest in drugs and alcohol abuse. Too many times I was told by these people "You can't be a _____." I'd be afraid to spend time with most of them, for fear we might get pulled over for a traffic violation and have the local Barney Fife find drugs in their car.

Funny how time changes people and their perception of others. My ten year class reunion was a blast. The hobnobs weren't so hobnobby anymore. My wife looked a whole lot better than some of the girls that wouldn't give me the time of day in school. Wow, That's been a long time ago.:laugh:

I remember my high school reunion. The jocks were all fat (peaked early); the really smart girls and hot girls were all married with 3 kids and not using the grades/skills they learned.

Those who really made it were the geeks and the late bloomers worked harder after HS and had a chip on their shoulder to succeed.

Romy and Michelle comes to mind......
I have stayed in touch with the people I liked in HS over the 20 plus years, the rest I could care less about.

Funny how from 13 to 21 took forever....... But, from 21 tell now was only a blink!

first picture is me when i was about 9-10...second picture is me 30 years later at 39....as u can see I havent grown up much:laugh:

young todd.jpg

old todd.jpg

Back