my 14 year old cat died friday nite.

shawnski

Donating Member
Registered
i have not been much here recently because of personal issues and i sure was not prepare to lose my 14 year old cat in middle of these crisis in my life. he has been with me since 5 weeks old. last sunday noticed he is not eatiing his food and sunday nite he is breathing like labor breathing and i took him the vet and blood test showed infllamation of pancreas. antibiotic and pain killer for couple of days improved but friday it went back to labor breathing. came back from work friday nite and he is dead in bed. it is a horrific sight to see.. and this is the first time i had to go through and i am not handling it well so far. i was not there for him to comfort him. i hope he did not die suffering. now i have all these questions what happened and how did he die and what i could have done more to prevent this.
rip my little friend.

Oh man, I am sorry bro. I myself am a cat lover. Perhaps it is the independent nature of them that facinates me. We love them on their terms, not the other way around. We are there when they want us to be. I have a very loving and playful 2 year old male and a hateful, but loving when she wants to be, 9 year old female. My thoughts are with you, it is always hard. I understand what you mean by not being there. I lost a puppy to Parvo many years ago and she was dead when I got home. Very sad. Again, I am sorry for your loss.

You're in good company here brother. I lost a cat and dog a couple months ago, and I asked myself all the same questions. Remember the good times and the rest will go away with time.

Sorry about your pet loss. I feel your pain. I lost my pet cat on Jan 31st '09. She was my buddy. You will feel better with time.

Yeah, hate to hear that. We have one now, found her on the side of the road a couple years ago, she was about 6 weeks then. I've been around them my whole life, and seen quite a few of them go, it always hurts, sorry man

Wow, sorry to hear about the pet.... funny how they turn into your kids huh?

RIP little guy :)

man sorry to hear that rest assured he is in a better place my friend...

I had 2 cats (sisters); made it to 18 years old. For many years as a single man, there were pretty much my only companionship and I loved them dearly. My condolences.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat...remember the good times. I've been there before with our 14 year old dog and know how much it hurts.

Sorry to hear this bro. I have a cat that is getting up in his age. It hurts just knowing that that time is going to come. When you have them form such a young age, they become part of the family. RIP little fella.

I have had cats, dogs, or both all my life. You get very attached and the loss hurts.
You have my sympathy.

Back