pics from out on the water...

USnavy2485

Donating Member
Registered
jus thought id show some random pics in the random section.. out on mission... carrier 76 pullin up, team members, suez canal, and what i do to beat the boredom

as1.jpg

as4.jpg

as3.jpg

DSC00565.jpg

Last edited:
Lol @ the 2nd picture...everytime I do that I hear a "Are your hands cold soldier?!"

Looks like the Navy life ain't too shabby :p

a few more... off the coast of diego garcia... at diego garcia on the beach....chopper comin in for unrep...

as7.jpg

as8.jpg

as6.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics and good size Mahi Mahi ! Seems like it would be difficult to fish off an aircraft carrier though? How does that work?

nice pics!

nice dorado too.. . get him with a deck gun? :laugh: great eating fish! bet the guys were happy with you :)

Nice pics and good size Mahi Mahi ! Seems like it would be difficult to fish off an aircraft carrier though? How does that work?

i was on a different ship takin the pic than the one wit the aircraft carrier... and i work on the supply ships that refuel and restock navy ships defend from pirates... so they have a lower fantail for the helo deck still about 15 feet off the water but we use parachute cord so they cant break the line pullin it in! :please: hopefully

nice pics!

nice dorado too.. . get him with a deck gun? :laugh: great eating fish! bet the guys were happy with you :)

i wish!!! and they were very happy fired up the grill soon as we cut him up i caught 2 that day so enough for the whole crew

i wish!!! and they were very happy fired up the grill soon as we cut him up i caught 2 that day so enough for the whole crew
what a great fighting fish too :) we only ever caught them "trolling" you guys can do that or you caught them just hanging a hook off the back?

we would get a well full of anchovies and spend a whole day out in the Coronado's trying to catch them and yellow tail... What a great site seeing one of them ripping across the water after your bait... :)

Loved the fishing, hated the hanging over the side of the boat "chumming" the water with my breakfast... :laugh: (would have been a lousy sailor :( )

Last edited:
Very nice pictures, I have to wonder...how often is the breeze calm enough out there to keep those hats on~?~ :laugh:

what a great fighting fish too :) we only ever caught them "trolling" you guys can do that or you caught them just hanging a hook off the back?

we would get a well full of anchovies and spend a whole day out in the Coronado's trying to catch them and yellow tail... What a great site seeing one of them ripping across the water after your bait... :)

Loved the fishing, hated the hanging over the side of the boat "chumming" the water with my breakfast... :laugh: (would have been a lousy sailor :( )

yeah we troll with poles or tie handlines at the back... they are good fighters even using 190 lb mono or the braided parachute line if u dont hold on they will pull and give u a nice little rope burn... we just use rubber squid lures or whatever we can create...:laugh: we've made a few Megyver inspired lures with a piece of a plastic bag some washers and whatever we could find... i wish we took pics of that.. and it worked 1 time only because it broke pullin in the first fish... :rofl:

Very nice pictures, I have to wonder...how often is the breeze calm enough out there to keep those hats on~?~ :laugh:

most of the time... it is im out in the arabian gulf and persian gulf... or off the coast of africa(somalia)... some days its too calm with anywere from 110-140 in the summer standing out on a metal ship deck is not so appealing...

Lol @ the 2nd picture...everytime I do that I hear a "Are your hands cold soldier?!"

Looks like the Navy life ain't too shabby :p

Hands weren't cold; just before the pic was snapped someone asked if anyone had any wooden nickels they could borrow :laugh:

Great Pics:thumbsup:, but couldn't be me out there with all of that water though

Awesome pics Courtney! The set from Diego Garcia are sweet.

And I can fully understand the two "main reasons for doin it"..... those are two sexy azz creations. :laugh: Do what you can to hold on to those :thumbsup:

Back