Civil War Medicine

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Watching 60 minutes tonight and again they show DRs in Haiti cutting off a childs leg with a rusty hacksaw while supplies are bottlenecked at the airport.

Truly sad how screwed up things are........

Last edited:
What ? Less than a week later and no pity left for folks we do not know ?

No, not really......It's just the media throws this at us non-stop 24 hours a day from day one. It gets to be overload. And overload leads to "we just don't care anymore" The media doesn't give us the updates, they keep pounding the same rhetoric and videos over and over. As soon as something big happens, they will drop this story like a hand of poo. Also, there really is no more to be done there. They are getting help, food, medical attention, oh, and LOTS of money.......LOTS. Personally, I'm over it.

I feel the same way .
Completely overdosed on it with nothing left to do .
Just curious if y'all felt the same.

I'm a HUGE fan of this country helping out others in time of need. Once we take care of the homeless and hungry here, that is.

well i heard some foriegn groups this morning complaining that its the "marines" and all thier equipment that is causing all the problems....

can you believe that.....

well i heard some foriegn groups this morning complaining that its the "marines" and all thier equipment that is causing all the problems....

can you believe that.....

Well, you can't please everyone. You'll always have someone who doesn't like what your doing.

On a positive note, they found a few more survivers last night! I couldn't imagine being stuck in one position for 3 days.

"We" have got to hurry up and fix this mess so these people can get back to hating "us" again.

what no blame GW?

that was last week.....one AM station spent an afternoon going over GW support for the crooked government of haiti.....thus blaming him for the poverty and poor building code..etc.

Lamb busa : just because they take our money and our help...doe not mean they do not hate us. they can do both.

when all is said and done, the USA will spend atleast twice what the rest of the world gives to haiti combined...but the world will still hate us.

On a more humanitarian note: The conditions down there are unbelievable, even before the earthquake. How in the world does an island just 150 miles from the US border become the poorest country in the western hemisphere? Been looking into the history of Haiti and as the second slave nation in all the world back in the 1600's it doesn't seem as though anyone has taken any real ownership of their nation. 50% of the population can't read! How? WHY? Political unrest and constant churning of government types has reeked havoc on a populace that, apparently, expects nothing from their leaders. A populace that expects nothing from their neighbors and children is doomed.

As for the civil war medicine, that 60 minutes was hard to swallow. Looters and criminals have made creating an environment of rebuilding virtually impossible. No medicine and no medical tools. BRUTAL! Can't clear the streets to make it possible to get supplies where they are needed. Can't expect real help from a populace that is trying to clear rubble barefooted. Does anyone there own shoes? Every pic or vid has people just walking around barefooted.

What ? Less than a week later and no pity left for folks we do not know ?

somehow they can get coordinated enough to let CNN in there to blast us with every waking moment of it....within hours of it happening....they can find a way to broadcast but not provide assistance :wtf:

I dunno.... me thinks compassion is overlooked when people cannot even help themselves or act in a civilized manor when help is available. Their towns lie in ruin but yet their neighbor on the same island is doing little, at least publicly to help. We have a team of people in there helping get the supplies on the ground but something is broken somewhere. The situation is dire for sure, I hate it for them and hope they get back on their feet.... I somehow wish our government would do as much for our soldiers families and citizens day in and day out here in our country as they do when random other places have "crisis" issues :banghead:

Did a little research on haiti's history, Interesting.

Haiti was forced to pay France for its freedom. When they couldn't afford the ransom, France (and other countries, including the United States) helpfully offered high-interest loans. By 1900, 80% of Haiti's annual budget went to paying off its "reparation" debt. They didn't make the last payment until 1947. Just 10 years later, dictator François Duvalier took over the country and promptly bankrupted it, taking out more high-interest loans to pay for his corrupt lifestyle. The Duvalier family, with the blind-eye financial assistance of Western countries, killed 10s of thousands of Haitians, until the Haitian people overthrew them in 1986. Today, Haiti is still paying off the debt of an oppressive dictator.

somehow they can get coordinated enough to let CNN in there to blast us with every waking moment of it....within hours of it happening....they can find a way to broadcast but not provide assistance :wtf:

I dunno.... me thinks compassion is overlooked when people cannot even help themselves or act in a civilized manor when help is available. Their towns lie in ruin but yet their neighbor on the same island is doing little, at least publicly to help. We have a team of people in there helping get the supplies on the ground but something is broken somewhere. The situation is dire for sure, I hate it for them and hope they get back on their feet.... I somehow wish our government would do as much for our soldiers families and citizens day in and day out here in our country as they do when random other places have "crisis" issues :banghead:

its hard to take care of soldiers....when half the population is raised to think the military is the enemy...

its hard to take care of soldiers....when half the population is raised to think the military is the enemy...

true enough, however our government is keen on taking care of countries and their citizens or hoards as it is in places across the globe. There are people in 3rd world countries that get more government assistance financially and socially then our deployed or resident soldier's families. Certainly our government provides more in those situations to non-citizens than they do for our homeless, unemployed and otherwise indigent citizens.

I think part of the issue in Hati could be that we have soldiers, in some cases SF soldiers delivering aid. Perhaps that is part of the issue... who knows

estimates are climbing fast... 200K and counting...

Diane Sawyer (ABC) started criticizing the US response ... just what we need...

Last edited:
estimates are climbing fast... 200K and counting...

Diane Sawyer (ABC) started criticizing the US response ... just what we need...

those darn meddling kids!! (Sawyer) :laugh:

But seriously, I too have a hard time swallowing the pill the media feeds...the same media that reporter with mic in hand and camerman at his/her side would rather film and report the horror than help someone in need out. God forbid they'd miss some footage that might launch their career to the next level. Most of the media are just one step above crooked politicians in my book. :moon:

Back